Swissbar, Who Has One?

Hi everybody our gym is getting better and better we have a Fatbar !

Now iam dreaming of an SWISSBAR :

Does anybody here have one or even better has anybody build one!``!

I would appreciated very much if someone could give me measurments.

Ummmm… I dont know if i would trust anything other than machined metal over my neck. might as well just buy one from

elitefts.com

that way you know it wont get fucked up.

Is a dope bar though. great for OH pressing from my limited experience.

-chris

i would loves to buy it from eliteft…

now comes the “BUT”

i live in germany and shipping alone would be 600$!

so iam trying to build one

thanks anyway

My gym has one from EliteFTS. It’s a nice variation. I found that it was particularly hard on my triceps and wrists. You have to engage a lot of wrist and forearm muscles to stabilize it because it wants to keep turning over in your hand forwards or backwards.

why would u ever need 18 chains…

I have one from west cary barbell (great custom equipment manufacturer based out of NC)
http://westcarybarbell.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21
(If your wondering, Joey Smith happens to be the one pictured on the site)

Awesome bar, spacing is just right.
I use it for all kinds of pressing and rowing stuff. I’m a pitcher so it allows me to take it easy on the shoulder too.

[quote]baseballer2150 wrote:
I have one from west cary barbell (great custom equipment manufacturer based out of NC)
http://westcarybarbell.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=21
(If your wondering, Joey Smith happens to be the one pictured on the site)

Awesome bar, spacing is just right.
I use it for all kinds of pressing and rowing stuff. I’m a pitcher so it allows me to take it easy on the shoulder too. [/quote]

I used one of Tom’s when he came to lift at my gym some months back. He did a great job fabricating it and the thing really hammers the triceps on pressing variations.

[quote]holyjimi wrote:
i would loves to buy it from eliteft…

now comes the “BUT”

i live in germany and shipping alone would be 600$!

so iam trying to build one

thanks anyway[/quote]

shitty deal. I wonder if there would be any european suppliers of strength equipment?

-chris