Swiss Ball as a Chair?

The last topic that I could find about this was 2005. Over the years, there have been conflicting reports on the use of the swiss ball as a chair, and I myself thought it a gimmick or dangerous at first.
However, my office chair just broke and, while waiting for replacement, I’ve switched to a swiss ball. Now, I have a history of back pain which the doctor diagnoses as strain, so I was averse to putting even more stress on my back. Anyways, I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks, and my previous back pain has vanished. I can deadlift and squat again.

Does anyone else use the swiss ball as a chair

I use a fitness orb

do you have one with arms too?

Dave Tate uses one.

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/columns/daves-day-in-pictures/

Guess they became a bit more badass.

A guy here at work used one (pink, of course) & it actually failed while he was on it. I didn’t see it myself but when the paramedics came I asked “what’s up” & someone said “Oh that ball thing Chris was sitting on deflated & he hit his head on a filing cabinet”

I know a number of physiotherapists who use them as chairs, and it’s been recommended to me a number of times, but I never have been able to make a Swiss ball work as a chair. I’ve never heard of any “conflicting reports” - thought it was supposed to be a good idea, period.

Forget everything you thought you knew about ab workouts.

?

^ hahahahahaha

[quote]jaybvee wrote:
A guy here at work used one (pink, of course) & it actually failed while he was on it. I didn’t see it myself but when the paramedics came I asked “what’s up” & someone said “Oh that ball thing Chris was sitting on deflated & he hit his head on a filing cabinet”

[/quote]

“Why do I lift? I want to know that when called upon through either need or emergency I am strong & capable for my loved ones & those that need me. By the way don’t PM me thinking I am the woman/women in my avatar, I am definitely a dude.”

^ ahhhhh…Fuck you! … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

umm…I’m amazed it hasn’t been mentioned before. Sitting on a ball is hard on your junk. I tried it…lasted about 45 minutes.

[quote]admbaum wrote:
umm…I’m amazed it hasn’t been mentioned before. Sitting on a ball is hard on your junk. I tried it…lasted about 45 minutes. [/quote]

Try not sitting on your ‘junk’ then?

Yeah you retard.

[quote]tjr-dk wrote:
Dave Tate uses one.

http://articles.elitefts.com/articles/columns/daves-day-in-pictures/

Guess they became a bit more badass.[/quote]

Yeah I seen this and thought…hmmmmm maybe his wife uses this. But nope its his. Still no sell for me.

Yes a swiss ball can help with back issues, but the point is this:

You have to develop and understand good posture (and what it means within the boundaries of your body).
I know people who had back issues , got a ball, and, after a period where they learned to sit “right”, reverted to a shitty posture on a swiss ball (it’s quite easy actually)!
I asked a physiotherapist about my observation and he told me he treats a hottie that knows great posture because she rides semi-professionally. But, she also spends a lot of time hunched before a computer, that’s why she has back pain, and absolutely shits on posture when not atop a horse.

They key, when working at a desk, is active and intelligent variation.
I have no more back aches since I ditched my comfy office chair and replaced it with a most basic and modest taboret.

taboret - Is this a form of stool?

Nice see-through one.

[quote]Mattlebee wrote:
Nice see-through one.[/quote]

hhahahahahaha, looks like her ass is blowing a bubble. hahahahaha Yeah I know childish. ahhahahahahahhahahahaha

[quote]four60 wrote:
taboret - Is this a form of stool?[/quote]

funny, I had to look this up, cause I thought: " “stool” is probably too general and taboret means exactly the german “Hocker” in other languages so it must be right!"

I take “taboret” is either for people who are into furniture or it’s british?