Swine Flu

Oink

Too high in fat anyway.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
hell no I’m not scared. simply because all reported deaths/cases are of people who are in advanced age or already very ill

Its just way to try and distrac us from real issues

fuck the news and any sensationalized bullshit it reports as fact, realize that its just a fucking tx show

Wake Up, Refuse, Resist

Your Immortal
Rockula[/quote]

Yes sir, Rockula. Hear hear! The news is fear mongering shite. It is a plot to render us fearful, helpless sheep. Scared people are easier to control.

Well I am cuurently in Mexico right now…San Luis Potosi…people down here don’t seem too worried. Until I got to the airport and saw everyone wearing masks…yikes! Wish me luck

[quote]Cherrymennos wrote:
Ct. Rockula wrote:
hell no I’m not scared. simply because all reported deaths/cases are of people who are in advanced age or already very ill

Its just way to try and distrac us from real issues

fuck the news and any sensationalized bullshit it reports as fact, realize that its just a fucking tx show

Wake Up, Refuse, Resist

Your Immortal
Rockula

Yes sir, Rockula. Hear hear! The news is fear mongering shite. It is a plot to render us fearful, helpless sheep. Scared people are easier to control.[/quote]

Absofuckinglutely right. Get your ass on a plane to somewhere, show them bastards who’s in charge by god!

If you have to book a flight to Singapore or Honk Kong or Taipei or Mumbai or especially Europe, get a connection in Mexico City and catch a soccer match first.

I’m all about teaching the autori-taz a lesson.

[quote]plaws wrote:
Until I got to the airport and saw everyone wearing masks…yikes! Wish me luck[/quote]

I think the world would be better off if wearing masks when traveling on airplanes, buses, or any other form of confined-space group transit became mandatory operating procedure.

I spent every single winter in university sick as a dog because of all the colds, flus, and other god-awful pathogens riding around on Edmonton Transit.

That and damn near every time I take a plane or greyhound anywhere? Yeah. Sick for the next 3-5 days.

I’ve heard most (if not all) of the cases were people who had not been exposed to pork (ham, bacon, pork chops, a live pig) before. Honestly, how many people in America have not had pork?

9/11 happened to invade Iraq and take their oil.
This swine flu will in very influential in passing Universal health care.

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:
Problem with Swine Flu, just like the global influenza epidemic of the early 20th century, is that the healthier you are the more likely you are to die.[/quote]

That’s kind of what worries me.

This is kinda off topic but do you think in general it is a good idea to were masks when in small enclosed spaces with people for extended periods of time?

I know people will think your wierd but i personally think that when on Airplanes everybody should have one.

I’m in San Diego and we have a case here, but no one is worried about it, and I haven’t had a conversation with anyone regarding any worries about swine flu.

I just hate in general when folks that are sick come to work. Keep your damn self home and don’t infect everyone else.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
I just hate in general when folks that are sick come to work. Keep your damn self home and don’t infect everyone else.
[/quote]

Exactly!

Or at least be like the Asians and do the polite, socially responsible thing when you’re sick and wear a face-mask.

Now if only they could make the damn things fashionable us dirty Westerners might actually start doing this.

[quote]Wiffy19 wrote:
I’ve heard most (if not all) of the cases were people who had not been exposed to pork (ham, bacon, pork chops, a live pig) before. Honestly, how many people in America have not had pork?[/quote]

Pretty much the entire population of practicing Jewish and Muslim peoples.

This only has me slightly worried because I’m going to Iowa in June for 5 weeks and will be staying on a hog farm for a lot of it.

I read that most of the people dieing are 20-30 year olds too :S

[quote]ElbowStrike wrote:

Now if only they could make the damn things fashionable us dirty Westerners might actually start doing this.[/quote]

Ever since SARS, Asians have been attempting the fashionable face mask.

Heres the lowdown on this Virus,

First off Get your God dam Flu shots it might help you against the swine H3N2 variation of the virus. The swinr H1N1 however is not affected by the flu shot.

How the virus works - The reason why the virus is mainly killing the young adults is because they are the ones with a good immune system. The virus basically makes your immune system go berserk.

Don’t go to Work to if you show any symptoms of the flu. God knows the infection rate will go up tomorrow because of the amount of people with symptoms will still go to work.

I was talking to a friend of mine his dad is virologist(Luis P. Villarreal) at UCI. And he was telling him that this is can turn into a pandemic if its not treated because of the people it targets
young adults.

Here is a stat tracker ATM of cases -
http://map.swinefluoutbreaknews.com/

[quote]optheta wrote:

First off Get your God dam Flu shots it might help you against the swine H3N2 variation of the virus. The swinr H1N1 however is not affected by the flu shot.

How the virus works - The reason why the virus is mainly killing the young adults is because they are the ones with a good immune system. The virus basically makes your immune system go berserk.

Don’t go to Work to if you show any symptoms of the flu. God knows the infection rate will go up tomorrow because of the amount of people with symptoms will still go to work.

I was talking to a friend of mine his dad is virologist(Luis P. Villarreal) at UCI. And he was telling him that this is can turn into a pandemic if its not treated because of the people it targets
young adults.

[/quote]

Isn’t there no way you can really know what version of the flu shot you are receiving? Older/newer? I know they say there is only a small chance that the shot that you get will even be useful against the strain that you may end up getting. And that the shots take months to prepare and be distributed. That is what I have been told, anyways.

Your map should show Tucson, AZ tomorrow. Someone was diagnosed with it in the ER earlier today.

[quote]Cherrymennos wrote:
optheta wrote:

young adults.

Isn’t there no way you can really know what version of the flu shot you are receiving? Older/newer? I know they say there is only a small chance that the shot that you get will even be useful against the strain that you may end up getting. And that the shots take months to prepare and be distributed. That is what I have been told, anyways.

Your map should show Tucson, AZ tomorrow. Someone was diagnosed with it in the ER earlier today.[/quote]

People need to really start reading up on this shit or at least not listen to what everybody tells them no offense Cherrymennos but in regards to the Flu shot the CDC is usually really GOOD I repeat REALLY GOOD at determining what flu strain will be out there during flu season.

As for the maps i dont know who is keeping track i think its some third party not google or the CDC so odds are its updated at random intervals not specific ones.

there’s always the chance influenza can get ugly. thats a given.

being a young adult it sits in the back of my mind some days. not worried though.

just wait till the suburbanites break out the antibiotics…

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Nobody in the US that has been infected has died. They have all recovered. [/quote]

This is my thought as well. When people start dying under the care of state of the art technology I’ll be concerned.