Swimming Pool / Neural Activation / Concentric Only Work

CT,

would the swimming pool be a good place to do either neural activation work and/or concentric only training?

pretty straight forward to build a circuit out flying motions and kicking motions. How would you modulate the work for a neural activation vs concentric workout in the pool?

Thanks!

Well swimming is a good form of eccentric-less training, Thibs mentioned it in one of the live spills… So more volume on your body with less fatigue.

Swimming should be a great eccentrec-less workout. Excellent for improving work capacity as well without interfering too much with recovery.

I would guess not so much with neural charge as the forces tend to be less which, to me, would indicate less neural activity.

[quote]squattin600 wrote:
Swimming should be a great eccentrec-less workout. Excellent for improving work capacity as well without interfering too much with recovery.

I would guess not so much with neural charge as the forces tend to be less which, to me, would indicate less neural activity.[/quote]

I second that! The point of neural activation is to widen the gap between CNS fatgiue and activiation, and swimming is damn tiring! Would lose the point of neural activation if one was to use it before training.

Butterly sprints? Drilling push offs?