Swift Boat Veterans for Truth

Check out this site.

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php

Find out what many swift boat vets think about Kerry’s 4-month tour in Vietnam.

Wow. That certainly puts things into perspective.

Very detailed and certainly underscores Kerry’s questionable tour.

Excellent site ~ Thank you.

I viewed the website. Most of the judgment passed came from swift boat veterans that did not serve with him. I’ll bet everyone one of the vets on the site are pretty hardcore right wing republicans who want the brave dubya re-elected. I think the best judgment of his service comes from the ten to twelve crewmen who actually served with him and who stood with him on the stage at the Democratic convention. Oh and lest I forget the Green Beret who stood on the stage and recounted how Kerry and his crew saved his life! But, I guess Dubya’s service in Alabama of which one medical officer remembers him being there is more credible!

Elk…thank you for saying that.

Because you will be happy to learn that only 2 out of the 23 swift boat captains that served with Kerry and appear in his little campaign farce support him, with 7-9 working actively against him…

You are more then welcome.

A Vietnam veterans group opposing Sen. John Kerry’s bid for the White House is gearing up for a Washington, D.C., rally with a fund-raising dinner this month.

Vietnam Vets for the Truth says it represents a majority of veterans of the war who contend the Democratic nominee is unfit to be commander in chief.

Earlier this year, the group reported that a museum in Ho Chi Minh City, the former Saigon, honors Kerry as an anti-war activist with a photograph of him being greeted by the general secretary of the Communist Party, Comrade Do Muoi, in July 1993.

Recently, it posted a slideshow online to help make its case against Kerry’s candidacy.

The dinner, open to veterans and Americans who share their views on Kerry, will be held Aug. 17 at the Aquaturf Club in Plantsville, Conn. Proceeds benefit the 'Kerry Lied While Good Men Died" rally Sept. 12 in Washington D.C.

The keynote speaker at the fund-raiser is Miami attorney and former Florida state Sen. Dexter Lehtinen, a Vietnam veteran and the U.S. Attorney who convicted Panamanian dictator Manuel Noriega. Talk-show host Jim Vicevich, of WTIC radio in Hartford, Conn., will be master of ceremonies.

At its September rally, the group seeks to combat what it considers untruths the Democratic presidential candidate has spread about those who fought in the Vietnam War.

The rally of veterans and their families is planned for the west side of the Capitol.

Terry Garlock, an Army Cobra helicopter pilot in Vietnam, is the group’s CEO and Larry Bailey, a retired U.S. Navy SEAL captain with service in Vietnam, is the president

“More than any other person, John Kerry is responsible for the false image of Vietnam veterans as dysfunctional misfits,” Bailey said in a statement. "Kerry betrayed all of us when he returned from Vietnam.

“A lot of good people opposed the war, but some, like John Kerry, went too far. He joined the radical left wing of the anti-war movement and shared the microphone with Jane Fonda and other radicals. He promoted himself by telling unforgivable lies about Vietnam servicemen and women, and he did this under oath.”

Kerry testified before the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee in 1971, making horrific claims about alleged atrocities committed by American service members.

As WorldNetDaily reported, a group of Kerry’s colleagues from the war have joined forces as Swift Boat Veterans for Truth to denounce his fitness for the land’s highest office, charging that during the Vietnam conflict he was a “loose cannon.”

In a book scheduled for release this month, “Unfit for Command,” author and swift-boat vets spokesman John O’Neill, who took over command of Kerry’s boat, includes a chapter on the Ho Chi Minh museum photo.

“The swift boat guys are challenging Kerry’s fitness for office based on his lies and his Vietnam service,” commented Garlock, “and they are qualified to do that since they served with him. Our new VVT organization is not challenging Kerry’s Vietnam service. We are going to tell the good news stories about Vietnam vets at our rally and how America should have welcomed them home with pride and gratitude. We will contrast that truth with the lies told about them by John Kerry.”

In an open letter to Kerry, Garlock’s group tells the candidate: “You should have been our brother, Sen. Kerry, but when you returned from Vietnam you betrayed us. America does not yet understand the depth of that betrayal. We believe that before voters in this country have the opportunity to elect you to the office of commander in chief, they deserve to know the truth, and they deserve to hear some answers from you.”

Joe

[quote]biltritewave wrote:
Elk…thank you for saying that.

Because you will be happy to learn that only 2 out of the 23 swift boat captains that served with Kerry and appear in his little campaign farce support him, with 7-9 working actively against him…[/quote]

This statement really makes me wonder. Now I’m not saying your wrong (or that your sources are wrong) but, why go around the country to all of these events with a guy that you don’t think should be president? I just doesn’t make any sense to me. I can see the supporters and even the neutral people, but are you saying 7 of the people who are going around with Kerry are working against him. I am having trouble believing that because it just doesn’t make sense from either their point of view or Kerry’s point of view.

not at all what i am saying…i am saying hte people the kerry shows in his ad, the black and white picture, only 2 of them support him out of 21 or 23 with a sizeable portion actually workign against him and suing him for using their picture

Kevin, maybe this will clear things up. This is from the FAQ section of the website I posted.

Q - If most of Kerry’s fellow Swift veterans don’t support him, then who were all those guys with him at the Democratic Convention? They made it appear that Kerry has the complete support of his “Band of Brothers” from Vietnam.

A - John Kerry has been able to convince about 13 men who served on Swift boats in the Mekong Delta to support him, 7 or 8 of whom were at various times crew members on his own 6-man boat. Those are the men the Kerry campaign so prominently featured at the Democratic Convention. The photograph we have posted at SwiftVets.com shows Kerry with 19 of his fellow Swift boat OICs (Officers In Charge) in Coastal Division 11. Four OICs were not present for the photograph. Only one of his 23 fellow OICs from Coastal Division 11 supports John Kerry.

Overall, more than 250 Swift boat veterans are on the record questioning Kerry’s fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief. That list includes his entire chain of command – every single officer Kerry served under in Vietnam. The Kerry game plan is to ignore all this and pretend that the 13 veterans his campaign jets around the country and puts up in 5-star hotels really represent the truth about his short, controversial combat tour.

The Swift boats fought in groups, so the other OICs who fought alongside Kerry know him well and can accurately describe what he did and did not do. In many cases Kerry’s fellow OICs had a better perspective than his own crew members, since the latter had no way to determine whether he was following orders and how well he worked with his peers.

Ok, thanks guys makes more sense now. Every day something makes me dislike Kerry even more. Don’t get me wrong I’m not voting for Bush but I’m leaning toward throwing my vote away with a protest vote.

I hope we (democrats) can gain the majority in congress though. I would like Bush to have some checks.

[quote]KevinKovach wrote:

I hope we (democrats) can gain the majority in congress though. I would like Bush to have some checks.[/quote]

An unemployment check, right?

[quote]Elkhntr1 wrote:
I viewed the website. Most of the judgment passed came from swift boat veterans that did not serve with him. I’ll bet everyone one of the vets on the site are pretty hardcore right wing republicans who want the brave dubya re-elected. I think the best judgment of his service comes from the ten to twelve crewmen who actually served with him and who stood with him on the stage at the Democratic convention. Oh and lest I forget the Green Beret who stood on the stage and recounted how Kerry and his crew saved his life! But, I guess Dubya’s service in Alabama of which one medical officer remembers him being there is more credible![/quote]

You obviously didn’t spend any time reading the site. I suggest you go back and read the FAQ section. Those 10 to 20 men are his little puppets.

Chucksmanjoe
I noticed you don’t cite the source of your little diatribe. Why not?

Embarassed?

Veterans seem to be getting the message that Bush is cutting veterans’ benefits, while Kerry wants to increase them.

lumpy. no one is cutting veterans funding. look at this chart…this is veterans funding appropriated by congress over the last couple of years.

http://www.house.gov/budget/fy05fd032504chart33.pdf

http://www.house.gov/budget/fy05fd032504chart32.pdf

http://www.house.gov/budget/fy05fd032504chart31.pdf

The websites I got my information from were the Drudge Report and World net daily.com

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 03, 2004 21:35:02 ET XXXXX

BOOK CLAIMS KERRY WAR ‘FABRICATIONS’

Exclusive

A veterans group seeking to deeply discredit Democrat John Kerry’s military service will charge in the new bombshell book UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

Two of John Kerry’s three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

All three of Kerry’s Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization.

A “fanny wound” was the highlight of Kerry’s much touted “no man left behind” Bronze Star.

Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of “heroism” by filing a false report on the incident.

Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter.

Kerry’s reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go – becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.

The Kerry campaign is planning to vigorously counter the charges and will accuse the veteran’s groups of being well-financed by a top Bush donor from Texas, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

“They hired a goddamn private investigator to dig up trash!” charged a top Kerry adviser traveling with the senator late Tuesday. “This is pay for play, and the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played on a candidate for the presidency. How low can they go?”

Kerry supporters are comparing the effort by the veterans to the Arkansas State troopers tell-all against Bill Clinton.

UNFIT FOR COMMAND will not be released until August 15.

The names. The details. All on the record.

Beginning tomorrow, the DRUDGE REPORT will break the embargo.

http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=SwiftVetQuotes

More than 250 Swift boat veterans have now signed an open letter to Senator Kerry challenging his fitness to serve as commander-in-chief of America’s armed forces.

And for one of Kerrys’ advisors to say this is a Republican tactic. ANd their movement is financed by a very wealthly Texan, supporting George Bush,
if one goes to the flyer to the rally on 12 Sept…

http://www.kerrylied.com/rallyannouncement.pdf

from the flyer: "…This is NOT a Republican or Pro Bush Rally. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents, alike are all warmly welcomed. Our gathering is to remember all those that served, thereby giving the lie to John Kerry’s smear against a generation of fine young men. "

And this…“Speakers are encouraged not to engage in speculative criticism of John Kerry But (1) stick to known and undisputed facts about John Kerry’s lies and (2) Reminding America of the true honor and courage of our brothers in the battle of Vietnam…”

ANd all throughout, so many of these Vietnam Veterean websites, against Kerry you get the same message. They just want the truth to get out. To counter what Kerry has been saying about them…

And again as it says on one of the websites…If John Kerry kept quiet on his Vietnam days, all will be good. But since he brought it up. Ad what he said and did, they must sand up, and speak the truth. For once and for all get the record straight. Other than what John Kerry has been saying about those that fought in the Vietnam War, as well as his own 4 months he served in Vietnam…

Joe

Funding for Veterans up 27%, But Democrats Call It A Cut
Money for Veterans goes up faster under Bush than under Clinton, yet Kerry accuses Bush of an unpatriotic breach of faith.

February 18, 2004
Modified: February 18, 2004

Summary
In the Feb. 15 Democratic debate, Kerry suggested that Bush was being unpatriotic: ?He?s cut the VA (Veterans Administration) budget and not kept faith with veterans across this country. And one of the first definitions of patriotism is keeping faith with those who wore the uniform of our country.?

It is true that Bush is not seeking as big an increase for next year as the Secretary of Veterans Affairs wanted. It is also true that the administration has tried to slow the growth of spending for veterans by not giving new benefits to some middle-income vets.

Yet even so, funding for veterans is going up twice as fast under Bush as it did under Clinton. And the number of veterans getting health benefits is going up 25% under Bush’s budgets. That’s hardly a cut.

ANd if you go to the website: you will see a chart…ANd the rest of the article…

http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=144

In Bush?s first three years funding for the Veterans Administration increased 27%. And if Bush’s 2005 budget is approved, funding for his full four-year term will amount to an increase of 37.6%.

In the eight years of the Clinton administration the increase was 31.7%

And at the end this note: Note: FactCheck.org twice contacted the Kerry campaign asking how he justified his claim that the VA budget is being cut, but we’ve received no response.)

http://www.aim.org/briefing_print/1784_0_5_0/

Nevertheless, Kerry still had the audacity to get upset when a Senate vote was postponed on a day he was gracious enough to be available. According to CNN.com, Kerry left the campaign trail on Tuesday, June 22, to vote for a bill on funding for veterans’ health care benefits. Unfortunately, the vote was postponed and Kerry was unable to stick around until it came up again…

“But don’t worry. Even though Kerry can’t make it to the Senate floor, he still receives a steady income for not doing his job…”

“Two of John Kerry’s three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.”

I can’t believe you are posting this kind of garbage. That is so unbelievably sick. DISGUSTING!

Have you no shame, Chuckmansjoe?

You wouldn’t need to write this slanderous bullshit, if George Bush’s record as president didn’t STINK. But since Dubya has no real accomplishments to point to, and no positive message for the future, you have to resort to attacking the character of his opponent.

What did Bush do, during Viet Nam? He had a dental appointment, that’s about all we can say for sure! How come Bush cant remember a single person from Alabama, where he was allegedly AWOL? Nobody remembers Bush, and he can’t remember a single name of someone he “served” with!

While John Kerry was in Viet Nam, George Bush was getting drunk!

While John Kerry was working as a prosecutor for the DA’s office, George Bush was getting drunk!

While John Kerry was serving in the Senate, George Bush was getting drunk!

Here’s how Bush describes his rationale for joining the Texas National Guard, where he was part of the gold-bricking “Champagne Unit” and absolutely certain to AVOID any military action:

“I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Not was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes.”
George W. Bush, 1994

What will Bush accomplish, if we award him four more years? Since he hasn’t achieved jack shit since he’s been in office, except to get us bogged down in Iraq, I wouldn’t expect him to suddenly get his shit together and start getting things done. George Bush isn’t fit to sell used cars without supervision, let alone run the United States of America!

Lumpy…thats from Kerry’s own ‘comrades’. I cant wait for their book to come out.

If you want to know what type of soldier Kerry was read some of Richard Marcinko’s Rogue Warrior books. Kerry is “Pinky the Turd”.