Sweetened with Sucralose

Too bad it is sweetened with Sucralose. I think I will pass.

Sucralose contains chlorine, which is a known carcinogen. Johnson and Johnson insists that the chlorine is chemically â??boundâ??.. so it cannot be â??releasedâ?? in the body during digestion. But independent tests on the question have not been done. So all you have left is the manufacturers’ claim that the chlorine passes through the entire digestive system… without getting into the body

What the hell are you referring to?

Hydrogen is dangerous.

It can explode.

Water is H20 and contains hydrogen.

Don’t allow water into your house: it might blow up.

Oh, and WHATEVER you do, don’t allow a grain of salt into your body.

It is NaCl, and do you know what element the Cl is?

CHLORINE!!!

I tell you, it’s a conspiracy of death.

lol owned by Bill Roberts.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
Hydrogen is dangerous.

It can explode.

Don’t allow water into your house: it might blow up.[/quote]

Oh god I just had a carbohydrate, will the hydrogen kill me?

I find it intriguing that this is in the BB forum instead of say… the supps and nutrition one. Methinks the OP is not terribly bright.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

Hydrogen is dangerous.

It can explode.

Oh god I just had a carbohydrate, will the hydrogen kill me?[/quote]

Not if the hydorgen bonds are left intact.

QUICK! Don’t digest those carbohydrates!

Damnit, Bill. I was going to use your example of NaCl.

Well, the sodium is pretty bad too. It explodes if it comes into contact with water. And what is the human body have a lot of? Water! So, stop ingesting salt people. You might explode. Or die from the chlorine.

[quote]elusive wrote:

Hydrogen is dangerous.

It can explode.

QUICK! Don’t digest those carbohydrates![/quote]

SHIT! purges

[quote]elusive wrote:

Hydrogen is dangerous.

It can explode.

QUICK! Don’t digest those carbohydrates![/quote]

SHIT! purges[/quote]

Unfortunately, while you were busy vomiting, I severed your aorta with a sharpened spoon.

There’s a lesson in here somewhere.

Not sure if the OP is talking about Alpha-GPC or something else. I don’t buy into the health risks of Sucralose all I know is that a small amount of it will make my digestive system “uncomfortable” any thing more will make me stay near a bathroom until my system is completely purged. I avoid the stuff at all costs though I suppose I could use it to make weight for a competition lol

[quote]uwedave wrote:
Not sure if the OP is talking about Alpha-GPC or something else. I don’t buy into the health risks of Sucralose all I know is that a small amount of it will make my digestive system “uncomfortable” any thing more will make me stay near a bathroom until my system is completely purged. I avoid the stuff at all costs though I suppose I could use it to make weight for a competition lol[/quote]

X2
I forget which comedian talked about sucralose… and he said it caused “anal oil leakage.” lol

I’m not happy about artificial sweeteners either, so I avoid products which contain them. I figure if a teaspoon of REAL sugar is going to add to my waist, then I’ll work a little harder in the gym.

CHLORINE!!!

I tell you, it’s a conspiracy of death.[/quote]

C’mon Bill I thought you were supposed to be one of the chemistry gurus on this board and that is just academic laziness right there. You know that NaCl has the chlorine in the bound chloride form which reacts differently than other forms of chlorine. If you actually believe what you wrote than feed your kids bleach. Hey it’s the same element you find in salt right?

[quote]storey420 wrote:

CHLORINE!!!

I tell you, it’s a conspiracy of death.[/quote]

C’mon Bill I thought you were supposed to be one of the chemistry gurus on this board and that is just academic laziness right there. You know that NaCl has the chlorine in the bound chloride form which reacts differently than other forms of chlorine. If you actually believe what you wrote than feed your kids bleach. Hey it’s the same element you find in salt right?[/quote]

It seems obvious to everyone else that Bill was being sarcastic.

To give a serious answer to storey420:

It is possible you are having an understandable confusion between the chemical compound “chlorine” and the element chlorine.

The chemical compound chlorine is Cl2 and is toxic.

The element chlorine may be either ionically (as with NaCl) or covalently bound within a molecule.

If ionically bound, in solution – for example in the body – it dissociates into the chloride ion and whatever counterion was present, the chloride ion being the chlorine atom plus one additional electron.

The chloride ion is not toxic. This is why you can consume salt and it does not exhibit the toxicities of the chemical compound chlorine, which it is not.

With regard to covalently bound chlorine atoms, first, generally they remain bound and so talking about the toxicity of the compound chlorine is completely irrelevant.

And even if displaced, what is liberated is not the compound chlorine, but the chloride ion, same as with NaCl.

Sorry, but the chlorine scaremongering makes no more sense for sucralose than it does for NaCl. It’s the same situation: if chlorine is displaced, it will be in the form of the harmless and in fact necessary chloride ion, not as the compound Cl2, also called chlorine.

Sucralose may be a little ambiguous in that it has divided opinion throughout the world. But do the people here share the same confidence in Aspartamame?

Because of course - it was ‘safe too’

I will never put an ounce of that into my body, but i hesistantly use a small amount of sucralose (seems hard to avoid in bodybuilding supplements…) while using natural sweetner as much as possible.

Yes, I see that but underlying the sarcasm is a facetious rebuttal of the OP which Jehovah feels was so clever that it “owned” the OP. My point is that I would expect a counterargument from Bill that was just a little better than a 17 yr old dumbass.

Thank you for your reply Bill and I hope you don’t take the previous answer as me calling you a dumbass. Not my intention. I hear what you are putting down but isn’t the big argument with sucralose that there is a huge discrepancy between what the manufacturers are saying stays in the body and what other scientists are finding? What about other covalently bonded chlorines like the ones used for insecticides, pesticides, etc. Surely you don’t think that those are still OK for long term ingesting? One thing we know for sure is there are NO long term studies on sucralose either way.

It all depends who is paying the scientist.

Cigerette anyone?