Sweet Potatoes

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I eat them bitches raw…Taste kinda like carrots. [/quote]

You’re a fucking gorilla.

Boil them shits for 30 min, then mash them with garlic and a little butter. Fantastic.[/quote]

Fuck yea. Wash them, peel them, Ingest them. Dont ruin them by boiling/cooking/steaming. I remember awhile back i read some nonsense about burning off certain nutrients in vegetables through their preparation, so i started eating raw vegetables. Havent looked back since.

EAT EM RAW!! [/quote]

Agreed. Raw sweet potatoes are awesome.

Ha they do taste like carrots when raw. I don’t how anyone can microwave them…every time I do they shrivel up and get dry and disgusting and resemble play-doh. I just bake them in the oven for an hour.

[quote]Shlllink wrote:
Ha they do taste like carrots when raw. I don’t how anyone can microwave them…every time I do they shrivel up and get dry and disgusting and resemble play-doh. I just bake them in the oven for an hour.[/quote]
I just poke 4 big holes in my 'taters, and microwave for 10 mins. Turns out fine.

Hit em with a little salt too, brings a whole other dimension with the sweetness already in the sweet potato.

Alright so I just had my first one of these bad boys microwaved, and damn! These are good for you too so I can eat as many as I want now, right??? :slight_smile:

How much does the glycemic index change with the method of preparation?

Don’t worry about GI… it changes when you add anything else to it, we don’t live in a vacuum.

Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite bodybuilding foods, I keep it simple with a little(ok a lot) of cinnamon and splenda. Microwave or baked in the oven although I prefer to eat the skin as I saw a few guys mention they scoop it out.

Yeah, skin has fiber, important stuff for my high-protein meat-based diet! (though I did just go to town on a couple bags of Twizzlers… I feel kinda’ fat and depressed now, lol) Frickin’ holidays man.

Wash & peel the sweet potato. Cut into french fry or smaller strips. Put a small amount of water in the bottom of your microwave steamer. Over the water place the perforated plate and place the amount of sweet potato strips that you want to eat. Microwave for 7 minutes m/l. Remove and season with cinnamon.

Every time we have them, guests marvel.

Terriffic if you are diabetic.

Is there a healthy way to make sweet potato fries? I guess that basically means not frying it…but maybe something similar?

[quote]Icarus wrote:

[quote]ADvanced TS wrote:

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
Sweet potatoes w/ cinnamon = fuck yeah motherfucker.[/quote]

You gotta post a recipe, I want to try that but I can see myself fucking it up.[/quote]

Cook potatoes, add cinnamon. [/quote]

Killer, brahski!

Add that shit to allrecipies.com

bakem then blend them with some kind of thickener (agar, glucomannon, xanthum gum, etc) there you have sweet potatoe pudding. Throw in some nuts an/or raisins with your cinnamon and splenda, and gasp, butter and DAMN SON you have yourself some deliciousness!

Baking them in the oven is the way to go without peeling the skin off. Add butter and eat with roast beef and vegetables.