T Nation

Swedish Sub-Jr Powerlifting Log

1. superset
  • pec-deck 3x8x40kg
  • FU benchpress 3x5x60kg
  1. pullover & press 3x5x38kg
  2. biceps - alot of curls :smiley:

So…how much back work do you do? I mean, rows, lat work, etc. If you’re weak off the bottom of the bench press, it’s probably your lats. Overhead presses are a great idea (I see you have them in your training), as is a BUNCH of lat work and rows. Just a thought.

Thanks for the input. I do alot of back work on my deadlift day. Quite heavy rows (and also heavy face pulls) But my weak spot is definitely my pecs. They don’t have the strength to explode the bar of my chest.

I’ve done 2 reps at 286lbs/130kg
in 4.8inch (12cm) Board press but my max bench is about 220lbs/100kg. That is alot of difference.

Thanks again! The bqck need work to. I’ll not forget that.

Another idea is to work increased range of motion with your bench–if you can get hold of a cambered bench bar (about a 4 inch camber) you should toss that in the mix. Same concept as deadlifting off a box or platform. Just watch your shoulders-they tend to take a beating when you do this, don’t go overboard all the time.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Another idea is to work increased range of motion with your bench–if you can get hold of a cambered bench bar (about a 4 inch camber) you should toss that in the mix. Same concept as deadlifting off a box or platform. Just watch your shoulders-they tend to take a beating when you do this, don’t go overboard all the time.[/quote]

Yea I’ve wanted a cambered bar for a long time now. Unfortunately I don’t have enough money yet. I hope I get to work a lot during summer. Efter that I’ll buy a cambered bar. Hmm, what do you suggest? A 4 inch cambered or a 2 inch?

I know where to buy a 2 inch and a 4 inch but I don’t know which to prefer.

[quote]Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
What town do you live in?

I live in Oskarshamn. Its a small town and the gym I workout at is not to great for a powerlifter. Me and my brother is planning to buy our own equipment and build our own gym in the garage. I will be great!

Oh okay. I dont even know where that is, I live in Stockholm, it’s hard to find good gyms round here.

So your Swedsih? Or do you just live in Sweden?

No, I just moved here in August.

Oh, how cool is that!?

So why did you move to Sweden?
(tha girls are quite hot arnt they?)[/quote]

yeah well its alright.

but yess, there amount of fine girls is just mind-blowing! i knew it before i moved here but damn! i came here to study and i honestly have to say, i cant study in the school library cause theres too many girls!

[quote]Timme wrote:
The first Workout since the swedish championship.

It was an easy bench workout (which will be heavy later on)

Face pulls with supine grip 3x5x35kg - My shoulders love this exercise.

FU (feet up) Bench: 2x5x65kg

Excentric Bench 3x3x110kg (about 3 sec negative. Next time I will use a 5 sec negative)

Incline Bench: 2x5x60kg

Floorpress: 2x5x60kg

Pushpress: 2x5x60kg

Next week there will be a little more weight. Hopefully I’ll get to use the big weights in a few weeks.

Deadlifting tomorrow! Yyyiiiiihhuuuu![/quote]

I love face pulls as well! i use them and the shrugs outlined in MR’s and Bill Hartman’s article and they along with rolfing have made a huge difference in how my shoulder feels. I’ve also added some mass in the traps with them.

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
yeah well its alright.

but yess, there amount of fine girls is just mind-blowing! i knew it before i moved here but damn! i came here to study and i honestly have to say, i cant study in the school library cause theres too many girls![/quote]

haha yea the girls here in Sweden really are mind-blowing. =D

I wonder, how come? Anyways, I’m happy eye candy is nice :slight_smile:

[quote]L-Dee wrote:

I love face pulls as well! i use them and the shrugs outlined in MR’s and Bill Hartman’s article and they along with rolfing have made a huge difference in how my shoulder feels. I’ve also added some mass in the traps with them.[/quote]

Yea face pulls really is the shit! But heyu, what is rolfing?

Squat day. The weights are still light. They’ll increase soon enough.

Squat - Without belt.
5x60kg; 2x80; 2x5x90kg

High boxsquat - No belt
3x120kg; 4x120kg

Front squat
2x5x60kg

Fatbar row
2x5x30kg

[quote]Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
yeah well its alright.

but yess, there amount of fine girls is just mind-blowing! i knew it before i moved here but damn! i came here to study and i honestly have to say, i cant study in the school library cause theres too many girls!

haha yea the girls here in Sweden really are mind-blowing. =D

I wonder, how come? Anyways, I’m happy eye candy is nice :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Yes, but sexual frustration grows every time you see a hot girls you dont have your way with:(

[quote]Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

I love face pulls as well! i use them and the shrugs outlined in MR’s and Bill Hartman’s article and they along with rolfing have made a huge difference in how my shoulder feels. I’ve also added some mass in the traps with them.

Yea face pulls really is the shit! But heyu, what is rolfing? [/quote]

rolfing is what you might call a holistic approach to soft tissue therapy. It helps with improving your posture which makes muscles move more efficiently. Think of massage, but more intense.

check out rolfingstockholm.se

Sexual frustration sucks :smiley:

Rolfing, cool! I’ve never heard of it before. Is it because of rolfing you moved to sweden?

[quote]Timme wrote:

Rolfing, cool! I’ve never heard of it before. Is it because of rolfing you moved to sweden?[/quote]

It’s kind of what ppl talk on this board, ART, Active Release Therapy, only with a whole body approach.
Oh no no no:) I moved here to study…

cool to see you here timme , I am lindow at kolozzeum , not as strong as you yet, but soon i guese, whatch your back :wink:

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:

Rolfing, cool! I’ve never heard of it before. Is it because of rolfing you moved to sweden?

It’s kind of what ppl talk on this board, ART, Active Release Therapy, only with a whole body approach.
Oh no no no:) I moved here to study…[/quote]

I thought that you moved here to study rolfing :slight_smile:

Active Release Therapy. I will check it out!

[quote]Lindow wrote:
cool to see you here timme , I am lindow at kolozzeum , not as strong as you yet, but soon i guese, whatch your back ;)[/quote]

Hi Lindow! Kolozzeum owns but T-Nation is also cool :wink:

Yep I will watch my back but you have only seen the light wieghts in this training log. They will increas soon :slight_smile:

Keep lifting Lindow!

FU Benchpress 5x65 3x5x70
Lockouts 10cm 3x3x110
Incline benchpress 3x5x67.5
Floorpress 3x5x67.5

Light weights! 5kg more next week :slight_smile:

Deadlift from platform (3cm high. No Belt.
3x5x135kg

Sumodeadlift 3x3x125kg

Double fatbar deadlift (ends of the regular barbell)
2x5x80kg

Partiell deadlift (below knees)
2x5x150kg (first set with belt. Second set without)

Seated Row in machine (nordic gym)
3x5x85kg

Superset

• Pec Dec 5x40kg; 5x45kg; 5x50kg
  • FU bench 3x5x65kg

Pullover and press 4x5x33kg

Some Biceps curls