Swedish Sub-Jr Powerlifting Log

Hi!

I have finally decided to start a training log hera at T-Nation. I hope to learn a bit more english as well so I’ll be glad if you correct my bad grammer.

About me.

Name: Timothy (in swedish Timoteus) Str?gefors. You can call me Timme

Born: 1989

Home: Sweden (polar bears on the streets? No way!)

I am a powerlifter (compeating in the International Powerlifting Federation) and started to train powerlifting about six months ago. Before that I didn’t train so hard and I didn’t have any goals. No I do have goals.

My short term goal is to break the sub-junior deadlift record at 245kg in the 82.5kg weight class. Another goal is to become Swedish junior champion.

The 4th of Mars 2007 I did my debut as a powerlifter at the Swedish national sub-junior championship In class 90kg (my body weight was 85kg) and I took the bronze medal.

Stats:
Weight: 84-85kg
Height: 168cm (2 cm shorter then Ed Coan)

The big 3 - unequipped

Squat: (only with belt) 3x125kg ( very easy and a about 2 month ago)

Bench: 102.5kg with paus on chest.

Deadlift: 185kg - long ago. It was just before I started powerlifting.

Big 3 - PR done at workouts
Squat: 4x170kg

Bench: 1x102.5kg with paus on chest. No shirt

Deadlift: 217.5kg

PR at competition (done at the swedish championship)

Squat - 1x185kg (very easy. Could at least have done 195kg if I hadn’t missed the first lift at 170kg)

Bench - 100kg (easy)

Deadlift - 212.5kg - quite easy (220kg was the third lift and it was to heavy that day)

I have a week off now and I’m going to start next week with my new training program.

Here are some clips from my trianing:

Deadlift:
192.5kg

202.5kg

212.5kg Timme deadlift 212.5kg - YouTube

217.5kg

Squat:
4x170 4x170 squat - YouTube
(the first 2 reps were not deep enough)

Benchpress:
97.5kg

A pic of my back

and a pic showing one side och my upper body. Sort of a relaxed sidechest.

what in the world happened to your bench-press ??

I would go Pro with your stats either get in touch with the strong-man guys or get in touch with one of the Poliquin - assistence

Keep working hard.

Best regards from Germany

Great lifts. On your squat, you don’t have to waste your energy walking out so far. When you squat for reps remember to lock your knees out at the top before each descent and at the end of each lift. Keep contest form at all times. This will prevent you for getting missed lift for minor technicalities.

best of luck,

beef

[quote]beefcakemdphd wrote:
Great lifts. On your squat, you don’t have to waste your energy walking out so far. When you squat for reps remember to lock your knees out at the top before each descent and at the end of each lift. Keep contest form at all times. This will prevent you for getting missed lift for minor technicalities.

best of luck,

beef[/quote]

Yea, I do need to lock out my knees but I think its quite scary because I have overflexible joints. And yes, I should not walk so far with the weight. During the competition my squat was a bit better but I have a lot to learn. We will problebly do heavy lockouts and practice walking out with big weights.

[quote]GermanPower wrote:
what in the world happened to your bench-press ??
[/quote]

I’ve had some problems with the benchpress and my press with paus is rather weak compared to my presses without paus. I’m very weak at the start of the press (right at the chest) but I have alot of lockout power. I think that we will do alot of “Feet up” benchpresses. They work the pecs and pressing muscles better then regular presses.

Here’s a clip of the World powerlifting champ Ove Lehto doing “feet up” presses compleatly raw with 230kg/506lbs

I would go Pro with your stats either get in touch with the strong-man guys or get in touch with one of the Poliquin - assistence [quote]

I will never go “pro” and I will never use steroids (thats a promise) and never have. I’m not a big fan of equipment either and I think that WPO are overdoing the whole equipment thing. Extreme benchshirts, suits that stands on their own etc.

Keep working hard.

Best regards from Germany

[quote]

Thanks! I’ll do!

What town do you live in?

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
What town do you live in?[/quote]

I live in Oskarshamn. Its a small town and the gym I workout at is not to great for a powerlifter. Me and my brother is planning to buy our own equipment and build our own gym in the garage. I will be great!

Me doing some deads standing on a small platform.

[quote]Timme wrote:
A pic of my back[/quote]

You have many pimples on your back.

[quote]Edders wrote:
Timme wrote:
A pic of my back

You have many pimples on your back.[/quote]

Not anymore :smiley: They are gone now. And I’m glad for that.

[quote]Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

I live in Oskarshamn. Its a small town and the gym I workout at is not to great for a powerlifter. Me and my brother is planning to buy our own equipment and build our own gym in the garage. I will be great! [/quote]

Oh okay. I dont even know where that is, I live in Stockholm, it’s hard to find good gyms round here.

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

I live in Oskarshamn. Its a small town and the gym I workout at is not to great for a powerlifter. Me and my brother is planning to buy our own equipment and build our own gym in the garage. I will be great!

Oh okay. I dont even know where that is, I live in Stockholm, it’s hard to find good gyms round here.[/quote]

So your Swedsih? Or do you just live in Sweden?

[quote]Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

Oh okay. I dont even know where that is, I live in Stockholm, it’s hard to find good gyms round here.

[/quote]

No, I just moved here in August.

[quote]L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:
Timme wrote:
L-Dee wrote:

No, I just moved here in August.[/quote]

Oh, how cool is that!?

So why did you move to Sweden?
(tha girls are quite hot arnt they?)

Maybe they are in Oskarshamn Timme, but in V?rnamo they’re not so hot :wink:

[quote]Control_61 wrote:
Maybe they are in Oskarshamn Timme, but in V?rnamo they’re not so hot ;)[/quote]

Ah Control_61! My fellow swede hockeyplayer! Hopefully you’ll play in the NHL in a few years (if thats what you want)

Yea, here In Oskarshamn there is alot of hot girls, I promise you.

The first Workout since the swedish championship.

It was an easy bench workout (which will be heavy later on)

Face pulls with supine grip 3x5x35kg - My shoulders love this exercise.

FU (feet up) Bench: 2x5x65kg

Excentric Bench 3x3x110kg (about 3 sec negative. Next time I will use a 5 sec negative)

Incline Bench: 2x5x60kg

Floorpress: 2x5x60kg

Pushpress: 2x5x60kg

Next week there will be a little more weight. Hopefully I’ll get to use the big weights in a few weeks.

Deadlifting tomorrow! Yyyiiiiihhuuuu!

Deadlift standing on a 3cm high platform.
2x5x130kg

Sumodeadlift 2x3x120kg

Fatbar lockouts: 2x5x70 (one hand at a time)

Partial deadlift: 2x5x145

Seated row in machine 2x5x80kg