Sweat

I tend to sweat more than all my friends, no matter what shape im in, or how much I drink/ eat, or what i eat/ drink. The doctor said some people just sweat more. any suggestions on avoiding/ covering up?

be proud to sweat
sweat is manly

Make new friends that sweat more than you do. Then by comparison you’ll be okay.

yeah just get a couple fat sweaty friends. i got them they rule

You could have hyperhydrosis. I know someone that suffers from this. They sweat so profusely that they have to wear black shirts to hide the stains, and avoids shaking hands with people because of permanently sweaty palms.

It gets in their head and can become quite dibilitating in social settings.

quit drinking water. This will force your body to hold on to all the water that it can and keep you from sweating. Also it will have the pleasant side effect that you will only have to urinate once a week.

yea… i tend to sweat a lot too. i soak my shirt when i lift, play a mild game of bball. and even when i work in like 90degree weather. luckily i dont do it at like partys or anything but it is very embarrasing. it could be the hyperhydrosis but i dont care.
whenever anyone asks after the gym why i am so sweaty i just tell them that they need to work harder.

Umm… sweating while working out and working in 90 degree weather is normal. I think this guy meant sweating lots just in general everyday life. And I sweat a lot all the time too. I used to only ever wear a t-shirt but it would just show up through the shirt but my friend talked me into wearing an undershirt underneath even though I thought it would make it worse because I have more layers on it seems to help hide the sweat, so maybe try that.

Do you get stressed out? Stress can lead to a lot of sweating… Hyperhydrosis is a good bet. A co-worker of mine went so far as to get the glands under his armpits surgically neutralized (?) He used to sweat profusely on his palms but something happened so now he only sweats below the nipple area on his body. Something like the operation short-circuited the sweat glands in his armpits and palms. Weird.

Have you looked into trying different clothing materials? For me my back sweats like a cold beer in the sun & I usually wear CoolMax, DRI-Fit, etc whenever I can even outside the gym.

If you can try to get used to it or seek medical advice to get some ideas on how to curb the amount of sweating.

Baby powder, stronger antiperspirant, etc. Have you tried any home remedies?

And as other posters have stated, sweat in general is good for you. Unless you are socially stigmatized for sweating I think you can get away with it…

no no… im not talkin about just some mild sweating. im talking about my shirt weighing like 30lbs when im done b/c of the sweat. and what i meant to say when i said in 90 degree weather is when it is minimal work, like some light painting. i will be soaked while others have little splotches of sweat.

but back to the OP, definetely try an undershirt b/c it can make or break it. i find that i would rather feel cooler day to day by not having it, but i do put up with pit stains regularly.

the only real treatment i know of is botox injections, which i heard hurt like a mofo

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
no no… im not talkin about just some mild sweating. im talking about my shirt weighing like 30lbs when im done b/c of the sweat. and what i meant to say when i said in 90 degree weather is when it is minimal work, like some light painting. i will be soaked while others have little splotches of sweat.

but back to the OP, definetely try an undershirt b/c it can make or break it. i find that i would rather feel cooler day to day by not having it, but i do put up with pit stains regularly.

the only real treatment i know of is botox injections, which i heard hurt like a mofo[/quote]

Botox injections is a short term answer. Surgically altering the sweat glands is a permanent solution.

An even more temporary, but much cheaper alternative is to get prescription strength anti perspirant. My friend uses this stuff, and it has changed her life. But it is kind of a bitch to apply.

I got a question about the botox and the permanent solution tho (doesnt really apply to deodorant).
Isnt the purpose of sweating to cool the body down? If you make it so your body doesnt sweat as much, wouldnt that put you at risk for perhaps some sort of injury b/c you would struggle to lower body temperature? Could someone explain that to me, because i am still strugglin with that notion.

[quote]coolnatedawg wrote:
I got a question about the botox and the permanent solution tho (doesnt really apply to deodorant).
Isnt the purpose of sweating to cool the body down? If you make it so your body doesnt sweat as much, wouldnt that put you at risk for perhaps some sort of injury b/c you would struggle to lower body temperature? Could someone explain that to me, because i am still strugglin with that notion.[/quote]

From what I understand, sweating can actually INCREASE in areas where the procedure was not done. In other words, you may not sweat from your armpits as much anymore, but your ass is creating floods of biblical proportions.

Please, go here. I used to have a very bad problem with under-arm sweat, as embarrassing as it is to admit. I mean, it wouldn’t matter what I was doing, sitting, walking, anything, I would constantly sweat.

I bought this stuff, and it was nothing short of miraculous. It sucks for the first week or two when applying because you have to do it everyday and it itches like a biiiiiiiiitch after you put it on (once a night before you go to sleep). But then you only need to use it like once a week when your body gets used to it. I still have the same bottle I bought about 4 months ago. I rarely, if ever, have to use it anymore. I don’t sweat at allll. It is fucking awesome. Don’t need to wear undershirts, nothing. It says you can use it for other bodyparts but I’ve never had problems anywhere else.

Give it a try and tell me what you think. Just trying to help.

do these kind of perscription antipersprents reduce zinc absorbtion?

I remember hearing something that sweating goes with BF% in a U shape. Like when you’re low around 12 and under, your body naturally will start to sweat more easily. Then once you get to high BF, your fat just makes you hotter so you sweat more easily anyways.

Who cares sweat is manly women love men who look they been working hard

[quote]Professor X wrote:
coolnatedawg wrote:
Isnt the purpose of sweating to cool the body down? If you make it so your body doesnt sweat as much, wouldnt that put you at risk for perhaps some sort of injury b/c you would struggle to lower body temperature? Could someone explain that to me, because i am still strugglin with that notion.

From what I understand, sweating can actually INCREASE in areas where the procedure was not done. In other words, you may not sweat from your armpits as much anymore, but your ass is creating floods of biblical proportions.[/quote]

Not quite biblical proportions, but it seems that you do sweat more in non-treated areas. But the trade off is that at least you don’t have to wear black shirts and avoid hand-to-hand contact.

I think once hyperhyrosis is addressed and treated, the psychological affect of not sweating in socially embarrassing areas actually helps reduce stress related perspiration.

But that’s just my opinion. I sweat like a pig anytime the temp tops 85 degrees during the day, and 72 degrees at night.

I just keep a towel in my car and backpack for when I sweat.

Thanks for the advice, I usually wear an undershirt if i know im going to be doing anything mildy straining. I might try that stopsweat stuff and see if it works

I think the guy needs some Botox. About a minute in.