T Nation

swallowing gum

Swallowed a piece by mistake tonight, just wondering if anyone had an idea of whether or not this will lodge in my digestion system somewhere along the way?

On an unrelated note anyone ever a swollen gland under the chin which feels like a small bump? Just curious as to how long it takes to clear up.

It’s not a gland… It is the lodged gum… :wink:

Seriously, the gum being lodged is a myth… It was said that it would stay in your system for seven years, but that is not true.

And the gland is usually swollen due to an infection nearby. Do you have an ulcer or cut in your mouth? It usually takes a few days for a gland to go down.

It should pass in about 3 to 7 days…
the gland thing had it but it could be diff. it cleard in about a day or 2

Call a doc if you start blowing bubbles…if you know what I mean.

Giving medical advice on a message board is dangerous to all involved.

If you have a swollen gland go to a good doctor. Granted, they are hard to find, but worth it once found.

As far as the gum question goes, why would you think that it would react any differently in your system than food?

take care,

Christ, I thought the title said, “Swallowing cum”.

I just about to say:

I thought Jerome was a guy.

Die Nadel, me too!!!

LOL. I was about to say:

‘You have bigger things to worry about if you’re swallowing cum’.

Zeb:

It’s implied that you should always seek a doctor. All he’s doing is seeking a layman’s opinion to compare to his. And, isnt that what we all do here everyday with 90% of our posts? Maybe you should go pay 140 twigs for an hour consultation with your doctor about supplementation effectiveness, wether Hot Rox is effective and safe, how and why it works and so forth. Hint: you dont because you’re simply looking for a layman’s opinion based on common sense and some factual info somebody might have.

Besides, gum isnt food. It’s riddled with chemicals, and it shouldnt go in your system at all.

Second on seeing a doc about the lump under the chin. Sounds like a swollen sub-mandibular lymph node. It could be due to an infected ulcer in the mouth, but might also be a symptom of any other number of infections. If you don’t have insurance and are hesitant to spend the money seeing a doc, double check for other symptoms, especially fever before going. If no other symptoms, then give it a little time to subside. Also, definitely get to a doc if your posterior lymph nodes(on the side/rear of the neck on both sides) are swollen too…classic symptom of epstein-barr virus(mono). Hope you feel better…

Second on seeing a doc about the lump under the chin. Sounds like a swollen sub-mandibular lymph node. It could be due to an infected ulcer in the mouth, but might also be a symptom of any other number of infections. If you don’t have insurance and are hesitant to spend the money seeing a doc, double check for other symptoms, especially fever before going. If no other symptoms, then give it a little time to subside. Also, definitely get to a doc if your posterior lymph nodes(on the side/rear of the neck on both sides) are swollen too…classic symptom of epstein-barr virus(mono). Hope you feel better…

I’ve been to the Dr. about the gland thing, got the same bullshit every time I go there, no matter the problem, “if it gets worse come back, till then do shit all for it”, so ya I was just looking for some other opinions. Heard the 7 year thing with the gum too…

I have a swollen gland on the right side of my chin bone, well along the jaw, that ive had for years… never went away.

you’re going to die.

Don;t go swimming for at least half an hour and for the love of god stop masterbating or you’ll go blind
:slight_smile: Groove

I was taking a shower after working out once and found a swollen gland under my arm. I had a cold earlier and figured it was a swollen lymph node but saw my doc just in case.

“Wow, that really worries me!” he said after feeling it.

“Great. Doc has anyone mentioned that you really know how to make a person feel at ease before? They lied.” I said.

“Take these antibiotics and if that lump isn’t reduced in two days we’re scheduling a biopsy”.

I sure was glad the antibiotics worked. See your doc, he’ll make you feel all warm and fuzzy, really.

Yes, it’s going to stay in your stomach forever. Don’t frown about it though, or else your face will get stuck that way.

Mono/EBV presents with fever, chills, sweats, headache, enlarged liver/spleen, painful sore throat, and swollen lymph nodes, most commonly the ones behind the ears. If you’ve had your blood drawn, your doc would have done further tests if your white blood cell count was elevated (blood smear, Monospot test) and he/she suspected mono.

I’ve had lymph nodes that stayed swollen for months after a strep/staph infection. If you want to do a search, look up the possible causes for “lymphadenopathy” or “lymphadenitis.”

Oh, and good doctors are not hard to find.

diesel23,

Actually, there is a big difference between asking advice regarding which protein is best, and asking a direct medical question regarding a condition that may be serious.

I am surprised that you cannot tell the difference.

Daox,

I laughed my self silly with that comment of yours!