T Nation

Suzuki gsxr 750

I just sold my 2002 ninja zx6r because it wasnt really practical anymore, or so i thought, and i needed the cash. Well, as many riders know, almost as soon as you sell a bike you want to buy another. I came across a good deal on a gixxer 750, model year 2006. wondering if anyone owns this bike or has any experience with it??

Wait you sold the bike because you needed cash, but now you’re going to buy another, newer and probably more expensive, bike?

Excellent logic. You think like my wife.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Wait you sold the bike because you needed cash, but now you’re going to buy another, newer and probably more expensive, bike?

Excellent logic. You think like my wife.[/quote]

Forget this… you got rid of the Ninja because it wasn’t practical? You think a GSX-R is?

Practicality is not a reason you buy a bike (nor a reason to sell one). Especially in the crotch rocket realm.

Sorry, didn’t mean to crap on your thread.

GSX-R’s are great. I am a Yamaha / Suzuki guy myself.

Just next time… don’t sell the bike unless you are absolutely sure. I sold my R6 and there are times I wish I didn’t. But I’m holding out for something different.

[quote]Blood is Metal wrote:
Sorry, didn’t mean to crap on your thread.

GSX-R’s are great. I am a Yamaha / Suzuki guy myself.

Just next time… don’t sell the bike unless you are absolutely sure. I sold my R6 and there are times I wish I didn’t. But I’m holding out for something different.[/quote]

I have a Honda CBR1000 2006 model. I agree, no one really buys a sportsbike because of “practicality”. They biy it because they like bikes, they think they look badass, and women like to feel them vibrate between their legs.

I owned an R6 as my first real bike (2004 model). I loved it, but it just wasn’t powerful enough or “big” enough framewise considering my body type. As far as how it rode and even the seating, I may eventually get an R1 one day just to have that feeling back…even though my CBR would smoke it without any effort.

The Gixxer 750 is much more practical…if you stunt that is. It’s much easier to wheelie, which is why they’re so popular with stunt riders.

I’m a Honda guy myself (I miss my 600RR :’( ), but that 750 is bad ass. Build quality is probably on par with the Kaw, but is definitely faster. Just make sure you get an insurance quote before making a decision since no matter who you use, the premium will be more than the 600.

thanks for the responses. Well if i bought it, iwould finance it. However, after letting my initial excitement subside, i realize it really isnt the best financial decision, period. In terms of practicality, i couldnt agree more. I didnt buy my first two jap bikes to stroll through the park so to say. I meant practical more in terms of fitting into my current lifestyle and profession. Good point on the insurance, the 750’s are a decent amount more.

also, prof x, u said that ur cbr 1000 would smoke an R1, or did i misread that? i think i remember seeing a pic of ur cbr, all black if i remember?

[quote]Bootsie wrote:

also, prof x, u said that ur cbr 1000 would smoke an R1, or did i misread that? i think i remember seeing a pic of ur cbr, all black if i remember?[/quote]

You didn’t misread it and yes, it is all black.