SUV Family Chased By Bikers

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
The SUV driver broke a biker’s legs attempting to flee. He used his SUV as a deadly weapon in self-defense. He was has not been charged with anything and rightfully so imo.
[/quote]

?

he used his car as a deadly weapon when he first hit the other biker and then ran off running over other bikes and people.[/quote]

The initial bump caught on video was initiated by the biker apparently in an effort to stop the SUV after a lane changing incident prior to the recording. The bikers on video then proceeded to attack his car with their helmets causing him to flee which is when he then used his vehicle as a deadly weapon to escape.[/quote]

Wrong. That video shows the SUV 5" away from the bike in front BEFORE it hit.

He was driving too close.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:
Also, I agree with you about people in cars a lot of times can be dicks to motorcycles for no apparent reason. I used to ride as well. But the flip side of that is the douches on bikes who weave in an out like maniacs, treating the road as their own little playground obstacle course which appears to be what was going on here. [/quote]

I was on the highway recently with one of those giant trucks on the lane left to me. I was probably no more than 10 feet behind it, and so I started to accelerate so that I can clear the truck (I don’t like staying near them because they block field of vision and I’m paranoid like that), and then all of a sudden a bike appears from behind the truck and just cuts in front of me. At that point there couldn’t have been anymore than 6-7 feet of space left in between.

Freaked me out.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

All I know is that the bikers by all accounts, started the physical altercation (regardless of what was said) by slashing tires and beating on the car with helmets. If I have my two year old and wife in the car, I am fleeing that scene as well. [/quote]

???

He HIT THE OTHER BIKE first.[/quote]

The biker cut him off an brake checked him.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

All I know is that the bikers by all accounts, started the physical altercation (regardless of what was said) by slashing tires and beating on the car with helmets. If I have my two year old and wife in the car, I am fleeing that scene as well. [/quote]

???

The biker cut him off an brake checked him.
[/quote]

???

I ride bikes. The driver of the bike didn’t do shit but get in front of him. That is LEGAL.

Hitting the car in front of you is NOT… if you run away afterwards and run over bikes and people.

You shouldn’t be that fucking close to the bikes in the first place.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
I have been following this story as well. I feel that the SUV driver was justified in the way that he reacted. There are other videos on Live Leak of how these douchebags were driving throughout the city. They were asking for trouble and it found them.[/quote]

I agree they were driving like douchbags before…but do not agree that the driver was completely right because we can’t see what happened or the words exchanegd after the suv hit the back of one of the bikes.

Look, I used to ride constantly and people in cars often act like they are literally trying to run you over.

The suv hit the bike and then ran over other bikes and people.

You ONLY fault the motorcycle riders?[/quote]

Cool you used to ride. A person in a vehicle “acting” like they are going to run a biker over (who is probably white lining at the time) does not justify slashing tires and denting the vehicle.

However, a reasonable person would believe that someone slashing your tires and pounding the sides of your vehicle in with a 2-YEAR OLD is justified to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves and their child. I ONLY fault the riders in this case.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

???

And this justifies slashing his tires and pounding the vehicle in with a 2-YEAR OLD inside??

What exactly is the chain of events here?

From what I saw on the video clips I saw on news and hearsay, the SUV driver was surrounded by a bunch of bikers on parade or something. The SUV driver does something to annoy the bikers, who cage the SUV and start trying to stop the SUV driver. When they slow down, the bikers do something (I’m guessing this is where they try to slash his tires?), the SUV driver panics and suddenly moves, driving over a couple people. The bikers give chase, and in a crowded area where the SUV has no room to maneuver a biker gets off his bike and starts smashing the driver-seat window with his helmet. Then they drag the guy out and beat him so that he has to go the hospital.

Is that about right?

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:
I have been following this story as well. I feel that the SUV driver was justified in the way that he reacted. There are other videos on Live Leak of how these douchebags were driving throughout the city. They were asking for trouble and it found them.[/quote]

I agree they were driving like douchbags before…but do not agree that the driver was completely right because we can’t see what happened or the words exchanegd after the suv hit the back of one of the bikes.

Look, I used to ride constantly and people in cars often act like they are literally trying to run you over.

Cool you used to ride. A person in a vehicle “acting” like they are going to run a biker over (who is probably white lining at the time) does not justify slashing tires and denting the vehicle.

However, a reasonable person would believe that someone slashing your tires and pounding the sides of your vehicle in with a 2-YEAR OLD is justified to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves and their child. I ONLY fault the riders in this case. [/quote]

We disagree.

The suv was driving too close to the bikes. No one should have had to brake check him. His distance was NOT safe even while the biker was getting ahead.

That is the shit that people do in their cars when they see a bike…like riding my back wheel so that the front of the car is 2" away from killing me.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

???

Unintentionally because of a brake checking instance by the biker. The biker was trying to get bumped to stop the guy. That biker then proceeded to attack the mans vehicle which turned this into a melee that the driver of the SUV had to fight his way out of. 100% Bikers fault.

[quote]jbpick86 wrote:

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:
The SUV driver broke a biker’s legs attempting to flee. He used his SUV as a deadly weapon in self-defense. He was has not been charged with anything and rightfully so imo.

Imagine, if after the one biker broke through his window with his helmet, the SUV driver grabbed a shotgun from his backseat and shot his face off. Or he grabbed a .45 from the glove box and shot him in the face. Then what?[/quote]

The world would be a better place.

I don’t remember where I read this and I cant find it now, but I read that the altercation started preceding the video when a motorcycle was clipped by the SUV during a lane change by the bike. They then proceeded to try to stop the vehicle. As I said, as far as that man knew he was fighting for his life against multiple attackers and his best weapon was his automobile. He should have used it to max effect and taken out as many assailants as possible. [/quote]

I agree, but I would also bet he would be sitting charged with murder or sitting in jail as we speak.

the first thing that happens is the SUV humping the rear end of a bike.

He was riding to close…and then he HIT the other bike.

No one knows what the fuck the SUV driver said…and anyone thinking that he did NOTHING to provoke anyone is talking out of their ass.

What we do know is that the SUV hit the bike first.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

However, a reasonable person would believe that someone slashing your tires and pounding the sides of your vehicle in with a 2-YEAR OLD is justified to use whatever force necessary to protect themselves and their child. I ONLY fault the riders in this case. [/quote]

We disagree.

The suv was driving too close to the bikes. No one should have had to brake check him. His distance was NOT safe even while the biker was getting ahead.

That is the shit that people do in their cars when they see a bike…like riding my back wheel so that the front of the car is 2" away from killing me.[/quote]

No one is disputing that there are asshole drivers and riders. So the SUV was driving to close to the bikes… maybe accidently tapped one of the bikes after he was brake checked(accidents happen on the road you know.) This justifies slashing the tires and smashing the car in with a 2-year old??

I would also add… brake checking an SUV with a BIKE is a pretty damn idiotic idea.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

We disagree.

That is the shit that people do in their cars when they see a bike…like riding my back wheel so that the front of the car is 2" away from killing me.[/quote]

What video are you watching? The Range Rover driver isn’t anywhere near another biker until the biker cuts him off and brake checks him.

At around 18 seconds you can see a biker with a white t-shirt and black vest (the one who gets hit) pull up next to the Range Rover, say something, and then pull in front of the Rover and brake check him. Stupid move on the biker’s part.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

No one is disputing that there are asshole drivers and riders. So the SUV was driving to close to the bikes… maybe accidently tapped one of the bikes after he was brake checked(accidents happen on the road you know.) This justifies slashing the tires and smashing the car in with a 2-year old??

I would also add… brake checking an SUV with a BIKE is a pretty damn idiotic idea. [/quote]

WTF?

Have you ever been “TAPPED” by an SUV on a bike?

I have. It means you got HIT…and then the fucker ran off after doing it and didn’t attend to the guy he HIT.

Look, I have been in situations like that…so I may have a different perspective…because I KNOW how people like that guy in the SUV drive. He was driving them too close to start with. That was WHY the bike rider got in front to PROTECT the other riders.

Why the fuck would you drive that close to a bike in the first place unless acting like an ass?

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

What video are you watching? The Range Rover driver isn’t anywhere near another biker until the biker cuts him off and brake checks him.[/quote]

Bullshit. He is less than 1 car length away from the bike in front BEFORE the other bike passes him. That is TOO DAMN CLOSE.

No one knows what the fuck the SUV driver said…and anyone thinking that he did NOTHING to provoke anyone is talking out of their ass.

What we do know is that the SUV hit the bike first.[/quote]

Please answer the question… Does the above justify slashing his tires and pounding the side of his car in with a 2-YEAR OLD inside?

Or maybe the biker should exchanged insurance info with the driver, or got his license plate# and reported him to the police for hitting his bike like any good citizen would.

And this is why I carry.
In NY, you just have to take it and try to escape. In GA, you can shoot the bastard.

[quote]Maiden3.16 wrote:

What we do know is that the SUV hit the bike first.[/quote]

Please answer the question… Does the above justify slashing his tires and pounding the side of his car in with a 2-YEAR OLD inside?

Or maybe the biker should exchanged insurance info with the driver, or got his license plate# and reported him to the police for hitting his bike like any good citizen would.[/quote]

The driver of the fucking suv should have thought of that before riding someone’s ass less than 1 car length away as if that isn’t putting the rider’s lives at risk.

The suv rider is the dummy.

Look at how close he was before anything happened.

In my city, that means you are trying to hurt me.

[quote]BeefEater wrote:

What video are you watching? The Range Rover driver isn’t anywhere near another biker until the biker cuts him off and brake checks him.[/quote]

Bullshit. He is less than 1 car length away from the bike in front BEFORE the other bike passes him. That is TOO DAMN CLOSE.[/quote]

There is no other bike in front of him. I see other bikes passing in front of the SUV but he is not following anyone too closely.

and didn’t attend to the guy he HIT.[/quote]

He wasn’t given the chance to now was he?