T Nation

Susan Boyle Sings

Anyone seen this? I’m not sure how I came across it, but it’s amazing. There’s a longer version available for the whole performance. Sent chills down my spine.

Yeah seen it. Britains Got Talent TV Show.

Personally, I love it.

Check this out:

[quote]SSC wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il5TBgD9kHI

Sent chills down my spine.

[/quote]

Not sure what I can say here…Definetly don’t share the same tingly feelings about her though.

Would you hit it?

Please save these threads for the polictical forums.

[quote]JGerman wrote:

Please save these threads for the polictical forums. [/quote]

Why on earth would he do that?

Seeing the crowd turn in her favor was awesome.

That lady can sing her ass off, good to see her get this opportunity.

It was great to see her do so well. She actually has singing talent and definitely not coasting on her looks.

Read yesterday Sony has signed her to a contract.

Sometimes it is really nice to see somebody get a win.

Good for her.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Seeing the crowd turn in her favor was awesome. [/quote]

As well as the look on the judges faces. Nobody was expecting that.

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
Seeing the crowd turn in her favor was awesome.

As well as the look on the judges faces. Nobody was expecting that.[/quote]

Definitely… I was expecting some William Hung-esque bullshit. Cowell’s face sums up the entire video, especially towards the end when it’s just a look of disbelief and awe.

I’m sourly disappointed by the lack of interest for this thread.

I should have talked about gun control or like twelve separate threads about people’s avatars.

Ya bunch of jerks.

Paul Potts is better.

wow awesome. She deserves that recognition. I don’t care how ugly she is she can ACTUALLY SING!

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’m sourly disappointed by the lack of interest for this thread.

I should have talked about gun control or like twelve separate threads about people’s avatars.

Ya bunch of jerks.[/quote]

I think she is wonderful. I would love to take her to get her eyebrows waxed.

That song has been in my head all afternoon because of your thread, fucker.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
SSC wrote:
I’m sourly disappointed by the lack of interest for this thread.

I should have talked about gun control or like twelve separate threads about people’s avatars.

Ya bunch of jerks.

I think she is wonderful. I would love to take her to get her eyebrows waxed.

That song has been in my head all afternoon because of your thread, fucker.[/quote]

Ha! Good, good. Now my plan to get everyone hooked on musical theatre is coming into fruition…

That was good, this is better.

I love seeing people dishing out humble pie! She killed em! In your face world, IN YOUR FACE!!

She did a wonderful job.

If there’s one thing (among many) that MTV and video ruined was talent that doesn’t represent the ‘ideal body image’.

There’s an awful lot of vocal talent that never saw the light of day based on their looks alone.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
She did a wonderful job.

If there’s one thing (among many) that MTV and video ruined was talent that doesn’t represent the ‘ideal body image’.

There’s an awful lot of vocal talent that never saw the light of day based on their looks alone.
[/quote]

Agreed X a billion. I think that’s why I enjoyed the video so much. The longer version is better on youtube, but prior to her singing you can really see the doubt and annoyance in the judge’s and crowd’s face.

What’s funny is (again, longer version) Boyle talks about how by the time she’s done she would have the audience rocking. She was right.

That and I’m guessing the two guys who narrarate the show had heard her sing before the performance; they seemed totally unphased and and expecting of the performance.

Still, I fucking love when people are underestimated and that kind of thing happens. Too cool.

  • Swiss and RSGZ-

Awesome videos as well! We don’t really get this show over here, so feel free to post anything else cool that happens on the show.

this was wonderful! Thank you for posting, I would never have seen this otherwise.