T Nation

Survey Help: Chronic Pain

Hey, I’m currently in the middle of writing a research dissertation on chronic pain.

It is titled “Structural abnormalities: Always the cause of chronic musculoskeletal pain?”

I would Aprreciate it greatly if anyone could complete my short surevey.

Even if you feel like it doesn’t apply to you your input would be VERY helpful to me

Link >>>>> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/S63W7C5

Thanks

Done! :slight_smile:

X2

X3

X4!

That was short lol. Done!

Done.

Done, but I thought CBT was something else entirely.

Thanks you lot, greatly appreciated! :smiley:

Done.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
That was short lol. Done![/quote]

Haha, short and sweet - I am a big believer in K.I.S.S> (plus I’d have to pay a membership fee if I use more than 10 questions)

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Done, but I thought CBT was something else entirely.
[/quote]

What did you think it was?

Cock and ball torture?

Are you going to publish/link the results of your findings on here when completed?

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Cock and ball torture?[/quote]

LOL I think that could be a viable treatment

[quote]Weighty1 wrote:
Are you going to publish/link the results of your findings on here when completed?[/quote]

Do you mean the results of the survey, or my actual dissertation once its completed?

If anyones interested in either they can message me and I could figure out how to send them the results or I could post it as a new thread.

done.

I am also currently dealing with chronic pain, so let me know if I can be of anymore service to you. And I am absolutely interested in any and all results, from the survey to your final work.

When I submitted my masters thesis, the university actually had it posted on the department website for a month or 2. maybe yours will too and you could link to it.

[quote]Da Man reloaded wrote:
done.

I am also currently dealing with chronic pain, so let me know if I can be of anymore service to you. And I am absolutely interested in any and all results, from the survey to your final work.

When I submitted my masters thesis, the university actually had it posted on the department website for a month or 2. maybe yours will too and you could link to it.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer. I’ll keep you in mind if anything crops up.

I’m not actually at university yet. I’m at college Doing something called an access to healthcare course (Assignment based A-level equivalent over one year), and we have to write a dissertation on a topic of interest.

My college isn’t advanced enough to have department websites etc lol but I’d happily try and get it online somehow as I’d love others to take a look and give feedback.

done.

When I submitted my masters thesis, the university actually had it posted on the department website for a month or 2. maybe yours will too and you could link to it.[/quote]

I have/ am dealing to. What’s your pain related too?

People don’t understand the psychological stain chronic pain can put on you. It’s not just a boo boo that hurts for a little while, it’s day in and day out of being miserable. It get’s to you after a while… I tell you, pain sucks.

[quote]pat wrote:

done.

I have/ am dealing to. What’s your pain related too?

People don’t understand the psychological stain chronic pain can put on you. It’s not just a boo boo that hurts for a little while, it’s day in and day out of being miserable. It get’s to you after a while… I tell you, pain sucks.[/quote]
well shit, man, that sucks. misery does not actually like company when it comes to this crap.

I agree 20000% with pain sucking. I can deal just fine with short term pain of any intensity. It is the day in, day out CONSTANT pain that just wears on your soul over time… I have been dealing with it for almost 8 years now.

Mine is either myofascial or autoimmune. i have a doc appointment in a couple weeks to start digging in to the autoimmune possibility. I have psoriasis, so there is a chance it could be atypical psoriatic arthritis or some other autoimmune disorder that is somehow manifesting itself as muscular tension and pain. I most definitely have trigger points allover my body. the most painful and limiting are on the left side, though. Essentially from ear to toes anterior and posterior. frikkin blows goats.

how about you?