Surprising Lab Results

Hello,

I am new to replacement therapy. I started TRT after a second lab result came back at exactly 300 ng/dl. This coming weekly injection will be my seventh injection.

Here is my current plan as prescribed by my practitioner:

Cypionate (200mg/ml)

First Weekly Injection = 1 ml
Following Weekly Injections = .75 ml

(He says that after this first lab, he will likely switch me to injecting twice weekly because most people like it better.)

Arimidex = 1/2 pill twice per week

HCG = 500 IU twice per week.

After two or three weeks of the HCG, I called the doctor and asked if I could switch to 250 IU EOD. He said sure no problem, so I’ve been doing that from then on.

I noticed that after injecting, when I pull back on the plunger there appeared to be about half of a cc in the needle left over so I compensated on weeks 3 and 5 by drawing 0.8 instead of 0.75 / On week four just on a whim, I randomly just decided to go with a full ml just like was prescribed on week one. I did not compensate for the amount left in the needle so I guess .95 was injected.

1 = 1cc (no compensation for needle)
2 = .75 cc (no compensation for needle)
3 = .75 cc (plus .5 to compensate)
4 = 1cc (no compensation for needle)
5 = .75 cc (plus .5 to compensate)

Then came my labs. I was instructed to have my blood drawn on the day of my sixth injection, but before the injection. The results are in today, and I must say that I’m very surprised by the results.

My total testosterone LC/MS/MS = 1775 ng/dl
My free testosterone = 453 pg/ml

Now I fear that on my consultation day (most likely tomorrow on the phone) he is going to reduce my injection amount so severely that I will cease to make progress on my fat loss goals (which have been going great since starting TRT / I’ve lost a good deal of fat and can fit into the next waist size down now) I really want this fat loss to continue.

Id love to hear some insight on what to expect. How do you think my doctor will react to these numbers. Could my T3 uptake being at 37 have more to do with the fat loss. Any insight would be appreciated.

Great News!

He didnt change much at all. He did say that I will not be able to stay at those levels long term though. He said we will have to take me down a bit at some point. For the next three months until my labs I was told to do the following.

Arimidex = Stays the same 1/2 pill twice per week

HCG = He lowered this to 250IU on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday only

Cypionate = He lowered me to .7 per week / I was instructed to not stop compensating for the amount left in the needle. Best I can tell, that amounts to 140mg per week.

I am relieved and pleased that he did not take my dose down to much too fast. One of the reasons why I think he was willing to do this is because I was 100% honest with him about what I did take each week up untill my labs. Im sure he took all of that into consideration. Im not sure why there were no responses to my post, but I thought i would go ahead and report back just in case anyone was curious.

Most TRT is based on 100mg/week, you were taking 200mg/week. Your lab results are expected.

Read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • protocol for injections

When you inject .5ml of T, you get .5ml injected. Yes, there is T wasted in the needle, but that does not change the fact that .5ml was injected.

If you want to reduce the dead space waste, inject with an insulin needle as per the sticky.

Your post was really only about injection mechanics. There is a lot more to offer here other than that.

Thanks KSman,

I was obviously overthinking things. I will keep reading.

[quote]picker7845 wrote:
Thanks KSman,

I was obviously overthinking things. I will keep reading.[/quote]

I’m not trying to hijack your thread but you posted on my thread you knew of a doc in Beaumont that knows about trt. What is this doctors name?

I’ve tried to PM you several times, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I see nothing on my sent messages page. I not going to put his or my info out on this public forum. If you can find a way for us to speak privately, I’m happy to help.

[quote]picker7845 wrote:
I’ve tried to PM you several times, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I see nothing on my sent messages page. I not going to put his or my info out on this public forum. If you can find a way for us to speak privately, I’m happy to help. [/quote]

Idk why but it won’t let me send or receive PMs I completely understand thatyou do not want to put your personal info on here. If I can’t pm soon maybe you would be willing to meet? I really need to see this doc these problems I’m having is effecting my marriage. Maybe you could post the docs info then after I see it you could delete it?

Are you can give me just the street name the doctor is on I’ve tried putting my number and my email on here but my post aren’t getting approved I guess this is very frustrating lol. I need to find out who this dox is and see him ASAP.

[quote]picker7845 wrote:
I’ve tried to PM you several times, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I see nothing on my sent messages page. I not going to put his or my info out on this public forum. If you can find a way for us to speak privately, I’m happy to help. [/quote]

Go to my page and look at my about me I’ve put some info there so you can contact me privately