surgery

I just had surgery to repair a badly torn ligament in my left hand on my thumb. Is there anything I can do to possibly speed up the recovery process so I can get back in the game asap? Also, what kind of workouts could I do that don’t involve hands? My calves are lacking, are those possible to workout w/ one hand? Thanks.

Work those calves well your hand heals. You could also work the quads as well. And as always stop saluting your soilder in the morning.

Cheers

Hey, there, Steven. Sorry to hear about the hand.

I would recommend that you increase your antioxidents; Vitamins C (2-4g in divided doses) & E (800 IU) and either ALA or r-ALA (the more effective version, but harder to find) at about 600mg in divided doses for the former and 300mg in divided doses for the latter.

From there, take in some MSM (work up to 5g) and glucosamine sulfate. Both will help with pain and healing of the ligament(s).

Additionally, I’d go with a good proteolytic enzyme combo and would probably add some extra bromelain.

That ought to hit it on just about every front you could hit it. I’d keep up the MSM and glucosamine sulfate the longest, as ligaments take quite a while to heal.

Good luck to you!

tampa-terry,
"From there, take in some MSM (work up to 5g) and glucosamine sulfate. Both will help with pain and healing of the ligament(s).

Additionally, I’d go with a good proteolytic enzyme combo and would probably add some extra bromelain."

What is MSM, proteolytic enzyme combo, and bromelain?

I’ve never heard of any of those, are they available at GNC or Vitamin Outlet? Thank you for your response.

Twinlab Joint Fuel combined with some MSM is a pretty good Joint Supp. Don’t go overboard. Stick to 3 caps of the joint fuel a day (not the 6 they recommend) and a few grams of MSM per day. Time is the best healer.