T Nation

Surge Workout Fuel vs Pre-Workout Supps?

I realize these aren’t all the same, but are all pre workout formulas…

How does Surge Workout Fuel compare to
-Power Drive
-Spike (pill/Shooter/etc)
-Typical BCAA/Glutamine/Creatine drinks

I am used to the energy drink pre wo. Did anyone drop Spike for Surge Workout Fuel? Does anyone drink Surge Workout Fuel + a little caffeine?

Thanks for your responses.

I don’t think they are contraindicated, i.e. you can use both.

-Spike Shooter; 30 minutes before workout on [relatively] empty stomach.
-SWF; start sipping upon arriving to gym and follow recommendations for consumption throughout workout based on total time lifting.

[quote]gabex wrote:
I realize these aren’t all the same, but are all pre workout formulas…

How does Surge WO Fuel compare to
-Powerdrive
-Spike (pill/shooter/etc)
-Typical BCAA/Glutamine/Creatine drinks

I am used to the energy drink pre wo. Did anyone drop spike for surge wo fuel? Does anyone drink surge wo fuel + a little caffeine?

Thanks for your responses.

[/quote]

We recommend not using BCAA immediately prior to or during training when using Surge Workout Fuel.

There’s no issues with using any version of Spike, Power Drive, or Creatine while using Surge Workout Fuel, however.

Some of the athletes who were involved in the long-term testing of Surge Workout Fuel mix Spike Shotgun with it for particularly long and or intense workouts.

While we haven’t seen a benefit to supplementing with glutamine for athletic purposes, we do still recommend the use of Surge Recovery and Creatine monohydrate post-workout.

Ah. You renamed my title. I mean,

How does Workout fuel compare to though.

Hence the ‘vs’ in the original title :wink:

Bump please. I would like to place an order but I want some feedback… mainly WO Fuel vs Spike. I would not take them at the same time. That’d be like $5 per workout. It’s either one or the other.