Surge Workout Fuel Taste, Did I Do Something Wrong?

I have some of the new formula Surge Workout Fuel and tried it for the first time. It tasted like a bunch of chemicals. Absolutely NO flavor (I mixed Wild Berry but have both flavors)

I mixed according to package directions. Did I miss something?

Between the two flavors, I think Wild Berry is definitely the lighter of the two. It’s possible that you’re a super taster for one of the ingredients.

I’d try Lemon Drop next. Please let us know how that goes.

Have you previously tried Plazma or Mag-10 with the liquid flavors? If so, how do those taste? They would be something you could add a few drops in to bump up the flavor of the Wild Berry.

1 Like

Haven’t tried Plazma or Mag-10. I was thinking of getting the flavors, but thought I wouldn’t need it with all the reviews saying how tasty it is

Yeah, they aren’t needed with Surge Workout Fuel like they are with Plazma and Mag-10.

I feel bad. I wish I had a berry liquid flavor I could send ya!

Hopefully the Lemon Drop will come through for you.

As someone who has mixed and enjoyed it, this is an A+ suggestion.

1 Like

I like both lemon drop and wild berry when watered down a good 50% more. Mixed as directed are a tad strong for me

I feel the same way. I use 1000ml to mix either flavor. At first I wasn’t a fan of the Lemon Drop flavor, but now I’d say I enjoy it as much or more than the berry.

Am I the only one who loves the berry flavor? I really dig it, don’t get all the hate lol

1 Like

I enjoy it, too.

One day, my favorite is Lemon Drop. The next day, my favorite is Wild Berry.

Sometimes it’s Lemon Berry.

3 Likes

I don’t really have anything helpful to add; I like them both too

3 Likes

Even diluted in 40 ounces of water, the wild berry flavor is not my cup of tea. I too get a lot of chemical taste, which is unpleasant. I’ll probably add some liquid flavoring to cover it up, which is a bummer since one of the things I liked conceptually about this product was no longer needing the liquid flavoring.

After some hesitation I mixed the Lemon Drop flavor. It was MUCH, MUCH better in flavor. I could smell the lemon when I opened the bag. Added some Biotest lemon flavor (a cap full) and tasted even better. Can’t wait to try mixing some grape flavor for a grape lemonade type of flavor.

1 Like

I’m a fan of the lemon flavor. Not so much the berry. It’s not horrible but I personally don’t care for it. I’m going to try the suggestion of mixing the flavors. I’ll only order lemon in the future unless the mix is as good or better as the lemon alone.

I still like the original Surge flavor from back in the day the best. The one Berardi helped formulate. But I’m sure it was rudimentary compared to the latest iteration. It was probably a step up from chocolate milk lol

So, so good. Like angel food cake for angels.

Today, though, I’m becoming more of a Lemon Drop addict as time goes on. I’ve still been mixing the Wild Berry with it when I want something different.

1 Like

That’s a good description of the flavor. I could never really accurately describe the flavor.

I do really like the lemon drop flavor. For the first time today, I mixed 2 scoops of the lemon with 1 scoop of berry which, in my opinion, was better than the berry alone. With Plazma and Mag-10 I really only used the lemon and lime flavors so I have a bias for the citrus flavors.

2 Likes

I definitely have a citrus bias, as well. I love mixing the lemon and lime liquid flavors together.

1 Like

I swear some of ya’ll privilege is showing. Have a few chicken shakes and you won’t sweat the taste of surge

@RT_Nomad Did you ever partake in the Hoffman Hi Proteen? I heard that stuff was pretty awful, to say nothing of this

1 Like

Hoffman’s Protein By the Sea is actually pretty good if you got the tablets. I liked to chew those. I also took liver tablets, but I had to swallow those whole.

Back to Surge taste. I sometimes add a little liquid berry flavor to the berry flavor Surge. Sometimes I don’t. It’s a variety thing for me.

I wouldn’t say I “like” the taste of Surge. But it is far from bad tasting. And its odd taste sorta grows on you. Now, the empty container that I use to drink Surge smells pretty bad until it is washed well.

1 Like

“Protein from the sea” is a thing of nightmares haha. I think I’d do the Rocky eggs in a glass before doing that.

Have you tried it?