T Nation

Surge Workout Fuel + Pepto Pro

What do you guys think of the idea of mixing Surge Workout Fuel and Pepto Pro together in the 2L Labwear bottle and drinking the solution pre and during?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
What do you guys think of the idea of mixing Surge Workout Fuel and Pepto Pro together in the 2L Labwear bottle and drinking the solution pre and during?

[/quote]

That’s not too far off from MAG-10 and Surge Workout Fuel, which is commonly used in the way that you described, so I assume it would work pretty well. I haven’t personally used Pepto Pro, so I can’t vouch for quality there, but in principle a casein hydrolysate supplement should work well with Surge Workout Fuel periworkout.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Where do you get your pepto pro? And yea, it would be pretty much the same, minus leucine.

[quote]StateOfPsychosis wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Where do you get your pepto pro? And yea, it would be pretty much the same, minus leucine.[/quote]

There’s leucine in Surge Workout Fuel.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Where do you get your pepto pro? And yea, it would be pretty much the same, minus leucine.[/quote]

There’s leucine in Surge Workout Fuel.[/quote]

I meant the leucine in MAG-10, also citrulline malate.

might taste like garbage. lol

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough. Both of those ingredients are also contained in the Surge Workout Fuel though, so while the amounts taken in with Surge Workout Fuel + Pepto Pro vs. Surge Workout Fuel + MAG-10 may be different, they won’t be missing.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

I get my pepto pro from another site in bulk… google is your friend, I’m not going to advertise another company on here (unless Biotest didn’t make a comparable product). My pepto pro I have is not actually 100% pepto pro. It’s 5% leucine as well.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough. Both of those ingredients are also contained in the Surge Workout Fuel though, so while the amounts taken in with Surge Workout Fuel + Pepto Pro vs. Surge Workout Fuel + MAG-10 may be different, they won’t be missing.[/quote]

Cool thanks.

Btw pepto pro is a good product.

i don’t think you can go wrong with that combo.

I also have FINiBARs… is there any point in using Surge Workout Fuel and FINiBARs in the same workout? Or is that carb overkill?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
I also have FINiBARs… is there any point in using Surge Workout Fuel and FINiBARs in the same workout? Or is that carb overkill?[/quote]
I think so. Most people only need 2 scoops of Surge Workout Fuel. I like to have a FINiBAR or Metabolic Drive bar as a snack if I need it. FINiBARs with a glass of water fill me my stomach up easily so it’s great for that.

I use the FINiBAR about an hour before the workout, and then just prior to and during I take 2 Surge Workout Fuel and 2 MAG-10

I wish they made FINIBARS without the peanut butter. Id buy em.

Are you allergic to PB? If not, the chocolate ones are great. I prefer those much more over the PB version.

Ya I tried 2 FINiBARs 40min pre and started drinking SWF 15min prior… Didn’t feel too good. Carb overload

I think one is better off going one or the other.