T Nation

Surge with Cacao = Heaven

I tried this mixture the other day as I was looking for various methods of mixing my cacao. Best taste ever, it tasted like pure chocolate milk but in my opinion better. Would this mixture be beneficial to my post-workout, or should i stick with just Surge plain???

what the hell is cacao? is that like shikaka? :smiley:

I assume you mean cocoa, why not just by chocolate Surge?

Cacao :smiley: lol its the name of the cocoa plant. Well anyways, i don’t know about your cacao powder, but mine has 3g of fat and 9g fiber, along with the protein… So no I don’t think that would be the ideal thing to mix with Surge post workout.

[quote]BoxBabaX wrote:
Cacao :smiley: lol its the name of the cocoa plant. Well anyways, i don’t know about your cacao powder, but mine has 3g of fat and 9g fiber, along with the protein… So no I don’t think that would be the ideal thing to mix with Surge post workout. [/quote]

Guys,

If your body is so smart that it can adapt to virtually anything, do you think it will freak out at the inclusion of a few grams of fat/fiber in a PWO drink? It won’t.

Your insulin sensitivity and nutrient partitioning ability are at their peak in the immediate post-workout window. People drink chocolate milk PWO don’t they? That has more than 3g of fat I’m sure.

Are you mixing the pure cocoa powder with original flavor Surge or chocolate flavor?

How do you know your body can adapt to virtually anything ?

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:
Cacao :smiley: lol its the name of the cocoa plant. Well anyways, i don’t know about your cacao powder, but mine has 3g of fat and 9g fiber, along with the protein… So no I don’t think that would be the ideal thing to mix with Surge post workout.

Guys,

If your body is so smart that it can adapt to virtually anything, do you think it will freak out at the inclusion of a few grams of fat/fiber in a PWO drink? It won’t.

Your insulin sensitivity and nutrient partitioning ability are at their peak in the immediate post-workout window. People drink chocolate milk PWO don’t they? That has more than 3g of fat I’m sure.

Are you mixing the pure cocoa powder with original flavor Surge or chocolate flavor?[/quote]

I’m pretty sure 3g of fat wont make that much of a difference, but I wouldn’t call 9g of fiber a “few grams”, thats quite a bit of fiber. Also, no one said anything about “freaking out”, just not something ideal.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
BoxBabaX wrote:
Cacao :smiley: lol its the name of the cocoa plant. Well anyways, i don’t know about your cacao powder, but mine has 3g of fat and 9g fiber, along with the protein… So no I don’t think that would be the ideal thing to mix with Surge post workout.

Guys,

If your body is so smart that it can adapt to virtually anything, do you think it will freak out at the inclusion of a few grams of fat/fiber in a PWO drink? It won’t.

Your insulin sensitivity and nutrient partitioning ability are at their peak in the immediate post-workout window. People drink chocolate milk PWO don’t they? That has more than 3g of fat I’m sure.

Are you mixing the pure cocoa powder with original flavor Surge or chocolate flavor?[/quote]

I’m mixing the original flavor Surge with it. I assume it would be a great mix considering chocolate milk has been consider a good PWO shake in itself. I used Cacao instead because it is unprocessed like that other crap chocolate stuff thats in the market.

Why not buy Chocolate Surge?

The chocolate Surge taste so much better to me than the original… I would just get the chocolate and call it a day.

^^^^yeah true, well this is the first time I have actually bought Surge let alone a PWO drink. Chocolate Surge is definitely on my list for the next purchase…

I want to try Rootbeer. Rasberry is too sweet; I was expecting some tanginess.

Original > Chocolate > Rootbeer (my guess) > Rasberry

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
I want to try Rootbeer. Rasberry is too sweet; I was expecting some tanginess.

Original > Chocolate > Rootbeer (my guess) > Rasberry[/quote]

That’s pretty much exactly how I would rate them. I still haven’t tried vanilla to know where I would place it on that scale though.

^^ blasphemy!!! Chocolate Surge > (sub any word here).

[quote]elusive wrote:
^^ blasphemy!!! Chocolate Surge > (sub any word here).[/quote]

agreed!!!

[quote]elusive wrote:
^^ blasphemy!!! Chocolate Surge > (sub any word here).[/quote]

I concur!!! I thought chocolate was ten times better than original… i dont look forward to drinking the original like i do the chocolate after my workouts.

Root beer is pretty bland IMO, and I love root beer.

Chocolate > Raspberry > Original > Vanilla > Root Beer

Not a fan of the root beer…I like original though.

[quote]Freaky Styley wrote:
Root beer is pretty bland IMO, and I love root beer.

Chocolate > Raspberry > Original > Vanilla > Root Beer[/quote]

Raspberry over Original??

Get the rope, guys.