Surge Too Low?

Is it me or is 25g of protein low for a PWO shake? Would it be wise to add to it a low to zero carb mix (like isopure or something) to it to get all the benefits of Surge, plus the benefits of more protein per serving?

[quote]cpe21 wrote:
Is it me or is 25g of protein low for a PWO shake? Would it be wise to add to it a low to zero carb mix (like isopure or something) to it to get all the benefits of Surge, plus the benefits of more protein per serving?[/quote]

Ha, I thought the same thing way back when. Post workout 25 gr of fast digesting whey is more then adequate and combined with the high glycemic carbs is what is ideal to stimulate recovery.

Remember, if you are shooting for 250 overall grams of protein per day this should be coming from your different meals and shakes. If you consider that it doesn’t make the 25 grams from your postworkout Surge to seem small or inadequate.

Again, I understand how that could seem small when many are saying you should be packing down fifty grams of protein per meal. Post workout you want quick assimilation of specific aminos and carbs which again Surge has.

D

[quote]cpe21 wrote:
Is it me or is 25g of protein low for a PWO shake? Would it be wise to add to it a low to zero carb mix (like isopure or something) to it to get all the benefits of Surge, plus the benefits of more protein per serving?[/quote]

No, it’s not low. The ratio is actually on the high end for someone under 200 lbs, for a PWO drink. I would suggest taking in a higher total of protein an hour after the post workout drink, but 25 grams is plenty for you if you’re under 200 lbs.

alright, that’s reassuring…being 180lbs myself, i’ll be good with it then. i’m used to washing down 40+ grams pwo, so 25 surely had to be insufficient - i’ll just make up for my total daily difference elsewhere.

thanks, guys.

25 is too low. I normally try for 75-100. I think most athletes and recreational bodybuilders eat too little protein. I shoot for 300 a day, and 200 of it is surrounding my workouts(2x a day). On off days I shoot a little higher, normally at 325.

[quote]King of Vice wrote:
25 is too low. I normally try for 75-100. I think most athletes and recreational bodybuilders eat too little protein. I shoot for 300 a day, and 200 of it is surrounding my workouts(2x a day). On off days I shoot a little higher, normally at 325.[/quote]

Heh…Any logical reasoning behind this? Or you just do it because it makes you feel special?

[quote]TheArrow wrote:
King of Vice wrote:
25 is too low. I normally try for 75-100. I think most athletes and recreational bodybuilders eat too little protein. I shoot for 300 a day, and 200 of it is surrounding my workouts(2x a day). On off days I shoot a little higher, normally at 325.

Heh…Any logical reasoning behind this? Or you just do it because it makes you feel special?[/quote]

No, there’s no logic. Irrespective of the total desireable amount of protein, nothing has been presented that 25g is too little post-workout paired with the proper ratio of carbs and aminos. Nor does it having any impact on reaching 325g of protein per day if that’s the amount you’re shooting for.

A high-protein, high-carb meal should follow Surge for most people within 45 mintues to an hour, anyway. This of course may be omitted if dieting or on a lower-carb plan. But a meal with a healthy dose of protein and fat should still be eaten for most within this timeframe even if going low-carb.

When I first started drinking Surge I was constantly thinking there’s no way in hell I can recover with a 25g serving of protein.

Well, fuck that myth. One serving of Surge post workout has helped me recover better than any post workout shake or meal I’ve ever had in my life. I’m not one to argue with results, so as long as I keep recovering and getting stronger, I won’t bitch about it.