T Nation

Surge Sweetness

I recently made an order for Surge. I used it back in high school with good results, so I figured I’d try it again.

I’m not sure if the formulation has changed, or because my diet has improved since then, but it’s unbearably sweet. I’ve tried a half-serving in 16 oz of cold water, and it still felt like drinking syrup.

Is there anything I can do besides give my bottle of Surge away? :\

Mix a scoop of whey in there!

I’d be willing to take your Surge and pay for shipping if you’re seriously considering giving it away. Seriously.

Anyway, what flavor did you get?

-dizzle

Add more water?

It’s not rocket science.

After you use it for a week you won’t even notice how sweet it is.

Well if you ordered wild raspberry you’re not alone. I can’t drink it mixed with water, but with milk it’s damn good.

Seconding the what flavor?

I got one bottle of wild rasberry and it’s way too sweet, just nasty

probably giving it to my friend, but if he passes maybe it’ll get donated to some lucky guy on here

Just drink it. What the hell is the problem? CHUG then rinse with water. Problem solved. I’m tired of people being such pussies.

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
Just drink it. What the hell is the problem? CHUG then rinse with water. Problem solved. I’m tired of people being such pussies.[/quote]

Agreed.

They probably moan weights are too heavy, too.

It’s original flavour.

I’m sorry I worked so hard to cut simple sugars out of my diet that I’ve lost my taste for sweet.

I’m sorry that my insulin sensitivity has gone way up thanks to avoiding eating pastry and sugary things.

Wait, no. No, I’m not sorry.

And I have tried mixing it with more water. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read someone’s entire post either, especially when it’s the first post in a thread.

Fail. So much fail.

If I can stomach a PWO shake with 33g Whey Hydroslate, 25g dextrose, 25g maltodex and 30g powdered BCAA’s with no sweetener and a little falvouring, how bad can the Surge be?

Try drinking it with colder water perhaps?

That would be easier for me to drink than Surge. My problem is just that it’s too sweet. It’s not a question of ‘manning up and drinking tha damn thing’. I drink natural-flavour Vega every night before bed mixed with just water, so believe me, drinking disgusting tasting things isn’t a problem for me.

I’m thinking that if I’ve become this sensitive to sweetness, then my insulin sensitivity must be way up, and that the powerful disgust I feel at the sweetness is my body’s way of saying ‘this will cause too much insulin to be secreted at once’.

I dunno. I probably should have posted my concern to John Berardi instead of on the forum.

I don’t think taste and insulin sensitivity are related…

[quote]rsg wrote:
If I can stomach a PWO shake with 33g Whey Hydroslate, 25g dextrose, 25g maltodex and 30g powdered BCAA’s with no sweetener and a little falvouring, how bad can the Surge be?

Try drinking it with colder water perhaps?[/quote]

If you can drink whey hydro plain I give you MAD props…that shit is DISGUSTING!!! I still have a 3 pound bag from supplement direct…

I do too. I’ve had a hydro+BCAA+glutamine drink

I also drink pure glutamine peptides+BCAA.

If your time in the gym isn’t comfortable why should your PWO drink be?

If I was looking for a comfort zone I wouldn’t have chosen bodybuilding.

Performance>desire.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I don’t think taste and insulin sensitivity are related…[/quote]

Well if E=MC^2 then there is no doubt they are related…

Come on Swole, get on your game!!

Lol.

Guess all the lean guys I know that love sweets have bad insulin sensitivity.

I recall reading something about it in the past, and I think it might have been on T-Nation. I don’t know if it’s true, but it’s one of those things that seems to make sense.

Of course, as for your lean friends Swole, I’m sure insulin sensitivity isn’t the only factor involved - in pretty much anything related to bodybuilding.

We could really use some professional input on this one. I’d be curious to know what Berardi or some other expert would have to say about taste perception in regards insulin sensitivity.

[quote]Chucknorrislol wrote:

And I have tried mixing it with more water. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to read someone’s entire post either, especially when it’s the first post in a thread.

Fail. So much fail.[/quote]

I did read your entire post, and guess what? There are amounts of water beyond 16 ounces…perhaps you could try one of those? Like 20? Or 24?

Try to keep up here, champ.

haha we definitely don’t need a professional opinion here. Thie simple fact is: you WANT an insulin spike post workout. So if your taste buds or whatever you think controls your insulin levels tell you you are secreting a large amount of insulin… that is a good thing.

Oh. And man up and drink it.