Surge Recovery for Low Carb Weight Loss?

I just got my Surge Recovery and noticed it packs 57g of carbs for two scoops. Is this drink not good for weight loss? I was hoping to use it as a post-workout drink to increase muscle growth, but not at the expense of gaining weight. Maybe this isn’t the right supplement for me?

Should I only take half? Or just limit my carbs on training days to SR after my workout? Or don’t worry about it?

I’m around 205lbs, probably around 20-22% BF and want to lose that as soon as possible. I’m doing full body workouts every other day. My diet is based on T-Dawg 2.0, though I split the difference between lo carb and balanced to get 2400-2700 cal/day, 250-300g protein, under 90g carb, 88-100g fat. I currently drink four scoops of Low Carb Metabolic Drive a day, four HOT-ROX Extreme, and one or two Flameouts. (And yet I’m still Level 0, wtf?)

Thanks for listening.

CT says to use Whey Isolate, Glutamine and Glycine for a PWO drink when over 20% BF, and to only use Surge Recovery when at 15% or lower.

Biotest have a Low Carb PWO drink in the making at the moment.

LR

Search Low Carb Recovery Methods.

There’s a lot of information in the forums and in articles.

LR

[quote]analogue wrote:
Should I only take half? Or just limit my carbs on training days to SR after my workout? Or don’t worry about it?
[/quote]

There are plenty of people around that have successfully used Surge while dieting to lose fat.

Whether you gain or lose depends on what you eat throughout the entire day, not just around your workout.

As for me personally, I always used Surge after intense training regardless of whether I’m “bulking” or “cutting,” since it speeds my recovery.

How you should use Surge depends on how hard you train and how well you handle carbohydrates. I recommend starting out following the label recommendations. Once you understand how your body reacts you can begin experimenting with different protocols.

BTW, I think Shugart had a thread or article where people following the Velocity Diet were using 2 servings of Surge Recovery per workout.

The instructions on the side have sections for weight gain and weight loss. I think I’ll use one scoop after workouts and see how that goes.