Surge Post HIIT Cardio?

Hello T-Nation,

My current goals is to cut down my bodyfat. I eat a clean diet, am doing TBT, but on my non weight days, I do HIIT cardio. Is Surge something that I should be taking on the cardio days, or is there something else I should be taking post cardio?

Thanks

Since you are working to drop bodyfat, I would think cutting down the post cardio Surge to one scoop and including the BCAA’s.

Or at the very least using BCAA’s pre, during, and post cardio.

D

I don’t know the answer and have asked myself that question before. I generally do not take anything other than (if I’m due for a snack or meal) whey or a meal post-HIIT since my current goal is fat loss. Seems to defeat the purpose of doing HIIT cardio in the first place to immediately chug 350 cals.

I’m also interested to hear from experienced cutters on your question.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Since you are working to drop bodyfat, I would think cutting down the post cardio Surge to one scoop and including the BCAA’s.

D[/quote]

I don’t mean to sound like a dick, but is there anyone who has seriously taken BCAA’s while doing cardio? do you carry the pills in your sock and pop them in between sprints? would anyone but the most premier athletes on the planet notice a difference from taking 4 bcaa tabs in the middle of a sprint workout?

sometimes I wonder if you guys are actually this mental about your supplementation regiment or if you just like spitting back out concepts you read in articles here.

[quote]pgosu wrote:
I don’t know the answer and have asked myself that question before. I generally do not take anything other than (if I’m due for a snack or meal) whey or a meal post-HIIT since my current goal is fat loss. Seems to defeat the purpose of doing HIIT cardio in the first place to immediately chug 350 cals.

I’m also interested to hear from experienced cutters on your question.[/quote]

For those that are trying to cut fat and maintain muscle replenishing glycogen stores and amino acids post HIIT can be benefical.

My belief is you aren’t doing the cardio for the 300 or so cals burned doing it, but for the elevated metabolic state that should extend hours beyond it regardless if you replenished right after it.

D

[quote]xtolgax wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

I don’t mean to sound like a dick, but is there anyone who has seriously taken BCAA’s while doing cardio? do you carry the pills in your sock and pop them in between sprints? would anyone but the most premier athletes on the planet notice a difference from taking 4 bcaa tabs in the middle of a sprint workout?

sometimes I wonder if you guys are actually this mental about your supplementation regiment or if you just like spitting back out concepts you read in articles here.[/quote]

I guess if you feel like I do that it makes a difference it wouldn’t be hard to do. But, if you think it’s BS then no problem don’t do it.

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
pgosu wrote:

I’m also interested to hear from experienced cutters on your question.

For those that are trying to cut fat and maintain muscle replenishing glycogen stores and amino acids post HIIT can be benefical.

My belief is you aren’t doing the cardio for the 300 or so cals burned doing it, but for the elevated metabolic state that should extend hours beyond it regardless if you replenished right after it.

D[/quote]

This is pretty much what I am trying to do. I take into account the calories consumed with Surge into my overall calories for the day. Keeping the elevated metabolic state is more the purpose for me. Maybe I will do just one scoop post HIIT. Thanks for the responses.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

D[/quote]

Good recommendation.