T Nation

Surge Out of Stock Again?!

I wish I had known you guys would have only had an extremely limited quantity of this. Now I wish I had ordered more!!

Not again! When do you guys expect it back in stock? I’m down to my last bottle of Surge.

Who knows? Maybe days, weeks, months. I know I’m gonna go ahead and order it the next time it is in if I need it or not, everything else I have tried has been junk.

The last time it was in stock it sold out in like 3 minutes (according to Shugart). This time it was in stock, it was there for at least a few days. You had more than enough time.

You snooze you lose.

This is a legitimate question that will probably go unanswered. I remember calling T-nation’s 1-800 # directly, and inquiring about this very issue. No information was given, just “keep watching the website for info”. Well, obviously I was doing just that, otherwise I wouldn’t have known it was out of stock. I do tire of this we’re all just this one big T-nation family, yet when direct, specific, questions are asked about product info, availability, we’re given some sophmoric answer.
Other than that, love the site.
Kyle

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Who knows? Maybe days, weeks, months. I know I’m gonna go ahead and order it the next time it is in if I need it or not, everything else I have tried has been junk.[/quote]

I completely agree man. Surge is so F’ing good (taste, mixing ability, and most importantly, allowing me to train at near max capacity sooner…dammit)

[quote]KFall wrote:
This is a legitimate question that will probably go unanswered. I remember calling T-nation’s 1-800 # directly, and inquiring about this very issue. No information was given, just “keep watching the website for info”. Well, obviously I was doing just that, otherwise I wouldn’t have known it was out of stock. I do tire of this we’re all just this one big T-nation family, yet when direct, specific, questions are asked about product info, availability, we’re given some sophmoric answer.
Other than that, love the site.
Kyle[/quote]

I explained why we’re out of Surge under the Surge product thread. It’s simply a case of certain ingredients being in short supply.

It’s often difficult to know exactly when the ingredients will again be plentiful. As such, we don’t want to give exact dates because fate, supplement gremlins, whatever, will likely intervene and make us look like liars.

Believe me, we’re doing everything we can to speed things up.

[quote]chrismcl wrote:
The last time it was in stock it sold out in like 3 minutes (according to Shugart). This time it was in stock, it was there for at least a few days. You had more than enough time.

You snooze you lose.[/quote]

I buy supplements based on need and my financial situation. I’m not going to buy a product that I don’t currently need just because it becomes available for a few days. If that’s the case I’ll just find an alternative to Surge. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutley love Surge but if it’s always out of stock I’ll have to go elsewhere.

All of this is a moot point since it’s already back in stock. I’m definitley not going to snooze this time.

TC, is that new supplement that Cy mentioned coming out anytime soon?

Very popular product. There must have been a run on Surge in December.

I guess too many people bought 10 tubs of it…

Anyone bothered to call customer service?

Let me guess, 'it will be back in stock in two weeks. LOL…

Sorta a vicious cycle people buy 10 tubs goes out of stock in five minutes so the next time people buy 20 tubs.

I for one am buying 10 tubs next time.

[quote]Atreides wrote:
Very popular product. There must have been a run on Surge in December.

I guess too many people bought 10 tubs of it…

Anyone bothered to call customer service?

Let me guess, 'it will be back in stock in two weeks. LOL…[/quote]

I just buy similiar PWO else where. The only difference is the taste and price.

[quote]Tungsten wrote:

I just buy similiar PWO else where. The only difference is the taste and price.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about? There is nothing “similar” to Surge. Yeah there are other PWO drinks(Countdown, Xtreme Vendetta, ON After Max, ect) but none are on the same level as Surge. Ingrediant wise, taste wise, nothing comes close.

Y’know… this sounds as bad as a politics thread. There are options between 1 bottle and 20 bottles when it comes time to purchase y’know.

Now, I’m not suggesting you start your own warehouse, but you may want to order more when you are running low on your penultimate (second last) tub. Other than being broke there is no reason to wait until the very last second to order more – especially when it comes to vital supps.

Also, if you have plans to do the Velocity Diet or something, you may want to start accumulating the products needed and getting them all ready ahead of time.

It’s not the fault of Biotest if you aren’t able to plan ahead and organize… and at the same time… think a bit… they WANT to sell you these things. It’s not like they don’t suffer too when things are out of stock.

If you want to whine and cry about everything, join the politics forums, you’ll be right at home!

[Now, I’ll have to remember I said all this, or the next time I’m inconvenienced and I whine about it I’ll be in deep and hot water!]

[quote]vroom wrote:
Y’know… this sounds as bad as a politics thread. There are options between 1 bottle and 20 bottles when it comes time to purchase y’know.

Now, I’m not suggesting you start your own warehouse, but you may want to order more when you are running low on your penultimate (second last) tub. Other than being broke there is no reason to wait until the very last second to order more – especially when it comes to vital supps.

Also, if you have plans to do the Velocity Diet or something, you may want to start accumulating the products needed and getting them all ready ahead of time.

It’s not the fault of Biotest if you aren’t able to plan ahead and organize… and at the same time… think a bit… they WANT to sell you these things. It’s not like they don’t suffer too when things are out of stock.

If you want to whine and cry about everything, join the politics forums, you’ll be right at home!

[Now, I’ll have to remember I said all this, or the next time I’m inconvenienced and I whine about it I’ll be in deep and hot water!][/quote]

Right on! (Though I’m guilty of not ordering enough myself. I blame… myself.)

And I’d like to mention an aspect of the Law of Supply and Demand. Surge is in Demand with low Supply. I believe the textbook response would be to raise prices on Surge.

Let’s hope my textbook is wrong. :wink:

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Tungsten wrote:

I just buy similiar PWO else where. The only difference is the taste and price.

What the fuck are you talking about? There is nothing “similar” to Surge. Yeah there are other PWO drinks(Countdown, Xtreme Vendetta, ON After Max, ect) but none are on the same level as Surge. Ingrediant wise, taste wise, nothing comes close.[/quote]

It’s not rocket science. It isn’t that hard to figure it out.

[quote]Ursus wrote:
And I’d like to mention an aspect of the Law of Supply and Demand. Surge is in Demand with low Supply. I believe the textbook response would be to raise prices on Surge.

Let’s hope my textbook is wrong. ;)[/quote]

Yes. Lets hope it is wrong :slight_smile: Although, LOTS of people don’t understand the simple law of supply and demand. As of today, Prohormones are now illegal. People will be looking for them and expect them to be at the price they were months ago. Dream on! :slight_smile:

[quote]Ursus wrote:

And I’d like to mention an aspect of the Law of Supply and Demand. Surge is in Demand with low Supply. I believe the textbook response would be to raise prices on Surge.

Let’s hope my textbook is wrong. ;)[/quote]

I heard that the ingredient Sucralose (artifical sweetener) is extremely at high demand and some places couldnt get them at all. Looking at the ingredients on Surge, I don’t see what else that could be unavailable.

[quote]Tungsten wrote:
I heard that the ingredient Sucralose (artifical sweetener) is extremely at high demand and some places couldnt get them at all. Looking at the ingredients on Surge, I don’t see what else that could be unavailable.[/quote]

I’m willing to bet it’s their whey-protein hydrolysate. I’ve tried other varieties, specifically from protein factory. I’m sure they are good for me, but they taste INCREDIBALLY awefull. And I think I read that Biotest uses a very refined process to produce their hydrolysate that results in higher quality, and not insignificantly, better taste! It’s this process that is probably slowing down supply.

I tend to doubt it’s the sucralose, as it’s purpose is merely for sweetening, any other artificial sweetener would do the same thing. (albeit with a different set of health concerns, valid or not)