Surge or Gatorade?

I was just wondering, if I mix a scoop of gatorade with Grow! whey protein, does this do about the same thing as Surge would do as far as a post-workout shake?
Thanks.

nooooooooooooo of course not. that’s just silly.

nope haha. big difference

I like whey protein takin a little bit after some waxy maize (if takin together messes up the absorption rate of the waxy maize)

You can’t go wrong taking SURGE right after you work out. Good choice and you won’t be disappointed.

I mix powdered Gatorade with powdered BCAA’s for a drink while I workout. Tastes like ass but works well.

SURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGE.

The. Only. Way.

LOL you discovered Biotest’s top secret formula…RUN!!!

That’s what i’m doing now to save some money.

whey, gatorade, BCAA, creatine

tastes just fine to me and it’s been about 3 weeks…nothing to complain aobut yet.

(well, except maybe not all of it mixing…but just shake hard)

Grow has over 4 times as much protein for the same price as Surge. I would think if you were on any kind of budget that Grow would be the better choice. I guess if 2 dollars a serving compared to 50 cents a serving doesn’t matter to you then you should go with Surge.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
that’s what i’m doing now to save some money.

whey, gatorade, bcaa, creatine

tastes just fine to me and it’s been about 3 weeks…nothing to complain aobut yet.

(well, except maybe not all of it mixing…but just shake hard)[/quote]

If you add those ingredients prices together for a total of 16 servings, does it really cost less than Surge, per serving?

[quote]pepperman wrote:
I was just wondering, if I mix a scoop of gatorade with Grow! whey protein, does this do about the same thing as Surge would do as far as a post-workout shake?
Thanks.[/quote]

While it’s not exactly Surge (less BCAAs), it is a blend of protein and carbs for after training. So yeah it’ll work.

Keep in mind the protein in Surge is whey hydrolysate, while the protein in Grow is primarily whey consentrate (large difference in absorption rate). This is one of the reasons for the cost…plus Surge tastes damn good.

[quote]rsg wrote:
B rocK wrote:

If you add those ingredients prices together for a total of 16 servings, does it really cost less than Surge, per serving?[/quote]

Let’s see:

One Training day = 2 scp whey + 4 scp BCAA + 5g creatine + 2 scp gatorade.
—THESE PRICES ARE ALL FROM WHAT I PERSONALLY PAID ONLINE AND IN STORES—
Whey = $37 for 10lb tub (73 scps) = About $0.50/scp = $1.00 per training day

BCAA = $12.00 for 1 tub (125 Tablespoon) = $0.09/Tablespoon = About $0.40 per training day

Creatine = $12.00 for 1 tub (500 5g servings) = $0.02 cents per training day

Gatorade = $5.00 for 1 tub (37 scps) = $0.13 per scp = $0.26 per training day

My Totals: 1+.4+.02+.26 = $1.68
Surge Totals:(Using the best flavor: root beer) 2 scps = 1 serving. 16 servings @ $33.00 = $2.06/serving.

That’s only a $0.38 savings; but thats’ without taking the creatine and BCAA into account.

(this is the first time i did this math; and i’m by no way knocking Surge…I have some at home, and more on the way for the girlfriend…and have used it for about 5yrs…)

[quote]rsg wrote:
B rocK wrote:

If you add those ingredients prices together for a total of 16 servings, does it really cost less than Surge, per serving?[/quote]

Yes. A 5lb jug of whey lasts about 3 times longer than Surge for the same price. Gatorade can be bought in powder form. BCAA’s are 35$ for a kilo. I just don’t recommend mixing them all in one nasty ass concoction.

i honetly don’t have a problem with the taste…it tastes just fine.

i’ve tried vanilla and strawberry whey with fruit punch gatorade.

but i guess if your putting more bcaa in then me it’ll taste like ass. 10g per shake for me works and don’t taste horrid.

I bet the rest of his nutrition sucks anyways, so it doesn’t matter. Get calories after training, you’re doing fine.

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
I bet the rest of his nutrition sucks anyways, so it doesn’t matter. Get calories after training, you’re doing fine.[/quote]

my nutrition? or the OP?

The OP, and I agree.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
rsg wrote:
B rocK wrote:

If you add those ingredients prices together for a total of 16 servings, does it really cost less than Surge, per serving?

Let’s see:

One Training day = 2 scp whey + 4 scp BCAA + 5g creatine + 2 scp gatorade.
—THESE PRICES ARE ALL FROM WHAT I PERSONALLY PAID ONLINE AND IN STORES—
Whey = $37 for 10lb tub (73 scps) = About $0.50/scp = $1.00 per training day

BCAA = $12.00 for 1 tub (125 Tablespoon) = $0.09/Tablespoon = About $0.40 per training day

Creatine = $12.00 for 1 tub (500 5g servings) = $0.02 cents per training day

Gatorade = $5.00 for 1 tub (37 scps) = $0.13 per scp = $0.26 per training day

My Totals: 1+.4+.02+.26 = $1.68
Surge Totals:(Using the best flavor: root beer) 2 scps = 1 serving. 16 servings @ $33.00 = $2.06/serving.

That’s only a $0.38 savings; but thats’ without taking the creatine and BCAA into account.

(this is the first time i did this math; and i’m by no way knocking Surge…I have some at home, and more on the way for the girlfriend…and have used it for about 5yrs…)
[/quote]

To be fair, you should be using whey protein hydrolysate since it’s what is found in Surge and it’s significantly more expensive, higher in BCAA, and absorbed much faster than regular whey.

It’s also important to note that Surge does contain a hefty does BCAA too.

I’ve gone the make-it-myself route and didn’t save any money. Plus, I ended up with something that was barely drinkable. Moral of the story: go with Surge.

good point, hydrolysate is more expensive.

one pound of that is around $18
-while-
one pound of whey is about $7 (gnc stuff i have)

so if you used that, you’d have about $2.50 worth in that shake.

That would bring your total to $3.25(ish)
–this is including the extra bcaa & creatine–
Without that it would be around $2.82; still more expensive then Surge.

But hey…if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

And I’m broke! Oh!