T Nation

Surge or Cell Mass?

Hey all i am debating whether to pick up a tub of the notorious SURGE. i have cycled thru BSN’s Cell Mass and love it, however i hear so much about Surge i want to try it. spring break is comin up and i’m goin to Cabo…need to get cut up so im just curious how these two compare…any preferences?

also, how long does shipping usually take? sorry but im obviously impatient and want to try this stuff. its hard ordering online when i just just go down the street and get cell mass

Biotest always ships sameday from Colorado. I have been impressed with the consistency. As for Surge vs. cellmass: they are completely different. Cellmass is overpriced for what it is.

ya i am leaning more towards the Surge…i didn’t realize they were completely diff…i know Surge has 3 diff stacks and what not however they both provide creatine and beta alanine…figured they would have the same effects.

Double Surge + creatine + BCAA FTW.

when u get “cut up” ur going to look anorexic

Scott

[quote]thosebananas wrote:
when u get “cut up” ur going to look anorexic

Scott[/quote]

x2

[quote]h0nkey46 wrote:
Hey all i am debating whether to pick up a tub of the notorious SURGE. i have cycled thru BSN’s Cell Mass and love it, however i hear so much about Surge i want to try it. spring break is comin up and i’m goin to Cabo…need to get cut up so im just curious how these two compare…any preferences?[/quote]

Neither product will get you “cut up”. Being cut up comes from having defined muscles, if your muscles are small you will never have the definition you want. Eat healthy and lift heavy weights for a year.

Surge is the shit IMO… but only if you earn it in the weight room. Surge = carbs+protein not a magical supplement…(there is none)

PS- cell mass is a rip off

HARDWORK=RESULTS

*EDIT: thought you were talking about Surge Recovery, now i know your talking about Surge Workout Fuel. You need to eat and get stronger. You will not get the full benefit of Surge Workout Fuel until you really learn how to push yourself in the weight room.

[quote]h0nkey46 wrote:
ya i am leaning more towards the Surge…i didn’t realize they were completely diff…i know Surge has 3 diff stacks and what not however they both provide creatine and beta alanine…figured they would have the same effects.[/quote]

Surge doesn’t have creatine. Cellmass is basically a creatine/glutamine supp. You’re paying more for esterfied creatine.

[quote]utHAUS wrote:
thosebananas wrote:
when u get “cut up” ur going to look anorexic

Scott

x2[/quote]

x3

steak, squats, carbs…you need to put on some mass before it would make any sense to cut down.

ya i should have seen this talk about cut comin… i just know from personal experience when i took Cell Mass my muscles were a lot more defined…less puffy than they are now…just more lean…

and THOSEBANANAS please dont say anything at all if you have nothing worth while saying…in MY opinion my physique kicks the shit out of yours hands down so i am not going to take ur negativity serious anyway…just a waste of my time

jdarkraget on the other hand…thanks you. and ya i was talkin about the Surge Workout Fuel…and beleive me i get my ass kicked everyday in the weight room i work hard as hell…i am actually on the BFS program right now.love it. but i’ll take ur word for it and give Surge a shot

Dude you are already lean, there’s not much more you can do in that department without gaining more muscle first.

That being said I’d go with Surge, the only BSN product I like is NO-Xplode (let the flaming commence). I haven’t used cell mass but I haven’t heard anything good about it.

really i liked it…but i would imagine Surge is superior…NO explode=explosive shits! i can’t even handle xplodeor NANO anymore shit makes me tweak! plus im not tryin to kill my heart…but thanks for the input WAYLANDERXX

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
h0nkey46 wrote:
ya i am leaning more towards the Surge…i didn’t realize they were completely diff…i know Surge has 3 diff stacks and what not however they both provide creatine and beta alanine…figured they would have the same effects.

Surge doesn’t have creatine. Cellmass is basically a creatine/glutamine supp. You’re paying more for esterfied creatine. [/quote]

Considering BSN are being SUED for Cell Mass at the moment i wouldn’t buy it.

Their “creatine” it MADE UP they basically LIED when they said they made it.

cant go wrong with Surge bra! i love to mix that shit with milk

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
h0nkey46 wrote:
ya i am leaning more towards the Surge…i didn’t realize they were completely diff…i know Surge has 3 diff stacks and what not however they both provide creatine and beta alanine…figured they would have the same effects.

Surge doesn’t have creatine. Cellmass is basically a creatine/glutamine supp. You’re paying more for esterfied creatine. [/quote]

Technically, he’s overpaying for creatine monohydrate . . . BSN got law-boned over the whole “they don’t actually have creatine ethyl ester” thing.

Surge is my #1 supplement purchase before all but fish oil (Flameout) and veggie supps (Superfood).

[quote]h0nkey46 wrote:
and THOSEBANANAS please dont say anything at all if you have nothing worth while saying…in MY opinion my physique kicks the shit out of yours hands down so i am not going to take ur negativity serious anyway…just a waste of my time
[/quote]

Maybe he thought it was worth his while to say it? And it is your opinion that your physique is that great. If that is you in your avatar, you look, in my opinion, lean. You also don’t appear muscular. These are my opinions and worth my while to state.

I am not sure why you got so defensive at his comments. Maybe he didn’t choose the best wording but you are already lean. Of course that picture is from April 2008 so it is possible you have gained a lot of mass since then and are looking to cut down for the summer. If that is the case, good for you. If not, and if you are wanting to look muscular, then I would suggest eating a lot of healthy foods and lift heavy things.

Now to address Surge. I have not yet used Surge Workout Fuel but Surge Recovery is awesome and I have been using it since October 2004. I have used it many different ways since then but am currently doing the following.

24 ounces of cold water
Three scoops of Surge Recovery
One scoop of WPI

I sip before and during my workout. When I am finished I add five grams of creatine and slam the remainder.

Based on my personal experience with Surge Recovery I highly recommend it to anyone who is lifting heavy and not currently extremely low on their carb intake.

Based on my personal experience with Biotest products I would think Surge Workout Fuel is a great product but I have not used it so don’t know how it would work for me.

Christopher

P.S. None of my post was a flame. The mere fact that you are lean and interested in lifting and being active is a lot better than a lot of young people your age. However if you come here with the attitude that your physique is so great you will get a lot of heat from a lot of people.