T Nation

Surge Ingreds Not Separating?

How in the hell do they keep the protein/BCAAs/maltodextrin, etc from seperating? This doesn’t necessarily apply only to Surge, but how does this process work? Anyone care to enlighten me? Sorry if this is a slightly goofy ass question.

[quote]powersavant wrote:
How in the hell do they keep the protein/BCAAs/maltodextrin, etc from seperating? This doesn’t necessarily apply only to Surge, but how does this process work? Anyone care to enlighten me? Sorry if this is a slightly goofy ass question.[/quote]

Crazy glue…duh! Just kidding man, don’t have the foggiest. Maybe one of the educated chaps or chappets can chime in.

D

How in the hell do they keep the protein/BCAAs/maltodextrin, etc from seperating? This doesn’t necessarily apply only to Surge, but how does this process work? Anyone care to enlighten me? Sorry if this is a slightly goofy ass question.[/quote]

Good question!

I’ve been wondering this myself - especially since I was considering mixing some different types of protein.

the powders are mixed extremely well. after that it would take a ridiculous amount of shaking to get them to settle out into their constituent parts, and that too depends on having a different density.

you can try it at home, just pick up a can a shake the shit out of it. how long will it take, i’m guessing longer than the expiration date. on the other hand, you may not want to keep your powder jugs in a location where they are exposed to vibration, but usually that is not a problem.

Really? That’s it? I never would of thought they were just “mixed really well”. I thought it would be much more involved.

Really? That’s it? I never would of thought they were just “mixed really well”. I thought it would be much more involved.[/quote]

What you think they were going to do? Reverse polarize the the atoms on the maltodextrin in order to ionize the branch chain of the BCAA in order to join them as one or something?

I pondered this for a while when I started buying powders, then realized that most other things would probably be too expensive to do for every single tub of powder, so they had to shake them.

Really? That’s it? I never would of thought they were just “mixed really well”. I thought it would be much more involved.[/quote]

Go put salt and pepper into a plastic Tupperware bowl. Shake.

Then separate the salt and pepper. Try it.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
powersavant wrote:
Really? That’s it? I never would of thought they were just “mixed really well”. I thought it would be much more involved.

Then separate the salt and pepper. Try it. [/quote]

Well, I do have the weekend off…

What do I get if I win? :slight_smile:

CaliforniaLaw wrote:
powersavant wrote:

Then separate the salt and pepper. Try it.

Well, I do have the weekend off…

What do I get if I win? :-)[/quote]

Some seasoning for a steak.

Yea, but the very finely chopped up powders that you get when you order a mixture is mixed well enough to never separate as a powder, BUT when I mix Glutamine, BCAA powder and creatine in a liquid, it’s nearly impossible to keep them from separating.

How they make it so they all stay together AFTER IT’S MIXED is beyond me.

Oh, and BCAA and Glutamine powders both taste terrible, in their own way.