Surge Flavor Preference?

[quote]Ren wrote:
I LOVE raspberry. Don’t make it too strong or its a little bit too sweet. Haven’t tried the 2 new flavours yet.[/quote]

Yeah, Ren, I’m pretty sure we’re the only 2 who really like that flavor. They better not discontinue it though due to everyone else having shitty taste in Surge flavor preferences…

I’m interested to hear some more reviews on the chocolate Surge. I like to mix my Surge with some additional whey protein, and if the chocolate Surge is decent, mixing it with some chocolate or cookies 'n cream whey protein could kick ass.

Love the original, and I love the raspberry, too. Chocolate is coming today, so I’ll let you know what I think.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Ren wrote:
I LOVE raspberry. Don’t make it too strong or its a little bit too sweet. Haven’t tried the 2 new flavours yet.

Yeah, Ren, I’m pretty sure we’re the only 2 who really like that flavor. They better not discontinue it though due to everyone else having shitty taste in Surge flavor preferences…

I’m interested to hear some more reviews on the chocolate Surge. I like to mix my Surge with some additional whey protein, and if the chocolate Surge is decent, mixing it with some chocolate or cookies 'n cream whey protein could kick ass.[/quote]

How many people are mixing 2 scoops of raspberry (aka 1 serving) with just 8oz of water? I always use close to 16oz per serving, for workouts I suck down half a serving pre-workout, and then fill up a 32oz container with the other half, no problems with sweetness and I get that delicious berry goodness all throughout the workout.

for those who think the flavour of Raspberry Surge is too sweet, try mixing it with a serving of Power Drive. It makes it taste like real fruit punch.

I actually love the Original flavor…infact I find myself craving it throughout the day!!!

I know I’m a little late on this, but I said I’d report on the Chocolate. It is delicious! It kind of tastes like cold Hot Cocoa if that makes any sense. By far my favorite flavor. I haven’t tried vanilla, though. Any thoughts on it?

Chocolate is real good. Like it much better than original flavor which I thought was decent.

I had the chocolate the other day. It’s just so-so. I’m used to really rich chocolate (85% dark), so it didn’t have enough flavor for me.

I’ll still with raspberry.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
Ren wrote:
I LOVE raspberry. Don’t make it too strong or its a little bit too sweet. Haven’t tried the 2 new flavours yet.

[/quote]

Make that three. It’s my favorite.

What I liked about the chocolate is it masks the whey hydrolysate really well.

As far as the flavor goes I thought it was above average considering the bad taste of the protein.

chocolate tastes great

anyone know the vanilla or raspberry nutrition info and macros off hand…?? i think they differ from chocolate. The original is posted on the website, but the others obviously arent.

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
chocolate tastes great

anyone know the vanilla or raspberry nutrition info and macros off hand…?? i think they differ from chocolate. The original is posted on the website, but the others obviously arent.[/quote]

The macronutrient and calorie totals are pretty similar for all flavors, although there is slightly more fat in the chocolate version due to the cocoa.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
Millerizer130 wrote:
chocolate tastes great

anyone know the vanilla or raspberry nutrition info and macros off hand…?? i think they differ from chocolate. The original is posted on the website, but the others obviously arent.

The macronutrient and calorie totals are pretty similar for all flavors, although there is slightly more fat in the chocolate version due to the cocoa.[/quote]

and 33g of protein as opposed to 25?

WIld Raspberry is pretty damn good. It tastes like a lollipop. I gotta say though, the new flavor, Root Beer, is less than amazing.

not tried vanilla. here’s my rank…

1. Original.
  2. Root Beer Float took a chance, and plesantly surprised how good! I would drink this even if it didn’t have any benefits!!!
  3. Wild Raspberry- too sweet for my liking.

Choc and van. are my protein shake staples so probably won’t try em.

[quote]painkiller wrote:

1. Root Beer Float took a chance, and plesantly surprised how good! I would drink this even if it didn’t have any benefits!!!

[/quote]

it’s really not bad at all.

Taking into account flavor and the macro:

1. Original
  2. Chocolate
  3. Vanilla

The chocolate flavor is freaking ridiculously good. It would be a no brainer if it had the same macro profile as the original. It doesn’t though, so for now I’m going straight with “Surge classic”

No desire to try raspberry or root beer.

I like the Original, but just today tried the Chocolate and it is delicious.

Raspberry is too sweet for me. I think i might like the chocolate better than the original, but I would have to try one right after the other to be sure.

I just tried my first serving a couple days back. 3 scoops of the raspberry. Half sipped through the work out and the rest slammed after. Was a bit too sweet for my liking. Likely more water needed that would fit in the shaker cup i was using.
Chocolate will be next on order once these two raspberry are gone.