Surge Expiration Date

OK, I had to jump out of long time lurker mode to get this question answered.

A while back I bought 5 tubs of Surge. Somewhere along the road, I heard from a supposed expert that when you are cutting, you should not add carbs to your PWO shake. To make a long story short, I have discovered the error of my ways and want to make use of my 4 remaining unopened tubs of Surge.

On the bottom, they show an expiration date of 5/2005. Does this mean I can use them through the end of May, or is this a “sell by date” and I have a few months longer than that? What is the downside of expired Surge? I’d hate to throw away 3 new tubs. I don’t have the cash to replace them either, so I am in need of an answer.

Thanks…

I bet it’s safe, I have some just expired Grow! I’m drinking. Just do the smell test, as long as they have been dry there shouldn’t be a problem.

You can officially drink milk, yogurt and other dairy products up to a week after the date. And those are quick spoiling.

This is a question that should be answered by Biotest. Most items of this nature do not have “real” expiration dates. If you’ve stored it properly, it should be okay.

NO, DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE.

This stuff is absolute poison once it’s past it’s expiration date!

Ship it to me for immediate and safe destruction! :wink:

[quote]Dry_Heat wrote:
OK, I had to jump out of long time lurker mode to get this question answered.

A while back I bought 5 tubs of Surge. Somewhere along the road, I heard from a supposed expert that when you are cutting, you should not add carbs to your PWO shake. To make a long story short, I have discovered the error of my ways and want to make use of my 4 remaining unopened tubs of Surge.

On the bottom, they show an expiration date of 5/2005. Does this mean I can use them through the end of May, or is this a “sell by date” and I have a few months longer than that? What is the downside of expired Surge? I’d hate to throw away 3 new tubs. I don’t have the cash to replace them either, so I am in need of an answer.

Thanks…[/quote]

I wouldn’t worry. Those are rather conservative dates given. Provided that they were stored away from heat, I’m sure they are just fine.

Good stuff. Thanks guys.