Surge Even When Training Late?

Hi all. Quick background before I ask my questions. 5’8 ~160lbs, 11% BF (estimate, some abs showing). I’m trying to cut to around 8% BF, following “Thibs get ripped” diet closely along with “destroying fat” regime of lactate workouts 2x a week and heavy workouts 2x a week with an extra day thrown in.

I can only get to the gym around 6-6:30PM, finish roughly around 7:30PM~. I’ve used Surge before, but is wondering if I should still drink it PWO since its already getting late, and I will be ingesting around 50g~ of carbs while I am CUTTING.

Right now my shake consists of 7.5g of BCAA powder, 5g creatine, 1/2 scoop Isopure and 1/2 scoop whey isolate, with a splenda mixed in calorie countdown chocolate milk with some water added (theres not many carbs in the shake, probably around 10g). Should I be using Surge instead if I want to cut?

Next question, my PWO meal which occurs around 8:30-9:00PM. What should the macronutrient split look like? I’ve basically been having grilled chicken, lean turkey or steak as my protein source, a salad with EVO & vinegar, and vegetables (either broccoli, spinach, string beans…anything green etc). Should I be ingesting carbs (aside from the veggies) since its my first meal PWO, given the time of night (I goto bed roughly around 11:30)? Is it a good or bad thing to ingest good fats (in the form of EVO) for your first PWO meal?

Thanks guys.

Are you seeing results with what you’re currently doing? If you are, I don’t see why you would need to change anything. If your main goal is fatloss, having a PWO meal with fats in it won’t hurt you. I don’t want to steer you off your path, but Surge PWO, whatever the time, won’t make you fat. Your body has priorities and refilling muscle glycogen comes first after a training session. 50grams or so won’t make you fat in this time period.

Word. I get done working out around 11 to 11:30 and I drink my Surge on the drive home from the gym. I dont have a pwo meal though i just shower and go to bed an hour later. I get up at 6am so I dont get alot of sleep but I always drink Surge after my workout no matter what the time. Im not cutting but Im not gaining fat either so its all good. If you drink Surge after working out I would say you can skip the carbs pwo meal if your really concerned about them.

You’re not doing yourself any favors by skipping that PWO meal, I’ll tell you that much. I’d try to get at least a little bit more protein in there.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
You’re not doing yourself any favors by skipping that PWO meal, I’ll tell you that much. I’d try to get at least a little bit more protein in there.[/quote]

ummm, did you even read what I wrote or just skimmed through it?

[quote]nycsoccax wrote:
esk221 wrote:
You’re not doing yourself any favors by skipping that PWO meal, I’ll tell you that much. I’d try to get at least a little bit more protein in there.

ummm, did you even read what I wrote or just skimmed through it?

[/quote]

Sorry dude, missed the quote button. I was talking to the other guy.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
You’re not doing yourself any favors by skipping that PWO meal, I’ll tell you that much. I’d try to get at least a little bit more protein in there.[/quote]

Forgot to mention I do down some cottage cheese before bed. Not really a meal i know but im not trying to cook right before bed so i guess that does the job. I ran out of cottage cheese so I had a bowl of oatmeal and a whey shake tonight.

Ya, before bed I have a tablespoon of natural peanut butter with 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese. So i get a decent amount of protein before bed.