T Nation

Surge/Creatine Premix?

I am going to make some changes in my daily routine. As a result, I will probably go to the gym on my way back home from the office.

I’m planning to prepare the post-workout Surge / creatine mix (and also a whey + Gatorade pre-workout mix) the evening before, and store them in the fridge in tightly closed bottles (almost no air inside). Next morning, I put the bottles in the bag, go to office, then off to the gym in the afternoon.

I wonder if the mixtures (Surge/creatine and whey/Gatorade) are going to be OK almost 20 hours after preparation, half of that spent in the fridge. My guess is that it’s going to be fine, but if any of you has horror stories in that regard, please share.

don’t mix water into creatine containing powders until before consumption. the creatine will breakdown into creatinine. if not for this you would be fine.

just to be sure…i can put creatine into my Surge as long as i do it only a couple minutes before consumption?

[quote]thirddan wrote:
just to be sure…i can put creatine into my Surge as long as i do it only a couple minutes before consumption?[/quote]

Correct.

I buy those little ziplock snack baggies. I’ll throw whatever powder in there and bring my shaker bottle with me.

You could also just put the powder in the bottle and fill it up from the water fountain at the gym.

[quote]DTLV wrote:
You could also just put the powder in the bottle and fill it up from the water fountain at the gym.[/quote]

Bingo! We have a winner.

Thanks!