Surge Before Bed?

Just curious as to what some opinions are on PWO drinks right before bed. I’m in a position where I generally work out right before bed and I still drink Surge after my WO. Usually only 1/2 a serving.

Thoughts?

Don’t get too hung up on limiting carbs before bed if you’re training late in the day.

It’s more important to get solid post-workout nutrition. If you just finished training your insulin sensitivity will be heightened, which means your body will put those carbs to good use.

Another benefit to using Surge after training is its effect on lowering cortisol.

Are you trying to gain or lose?

Unless you’re just finishing your workout right before you go to bed, I’d say no- mostly because that would be somewhat of a waste considering what Surge was intended for.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:
Unless you’re just finishing your workout right before you go to bed, I’d say no- mostly because that would be somewhat of a waste considering what Surge was intended for.[/quote]

Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what he’s talking about.

Otherwise, it wouldn’t be PWO.

I usually get done working out around 11pm. I drink my Surge when I get home at 11:10 pm, and usually dont fall asleep for another hour or two. I dont know about you but I CANT FALL ASLEEP after working out at all.

Stick with Surge PWO and have a mainly protein and fat meal or snack an hour later.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what he’s talking about.

Otherwise, it wouldn’t be PWO.[/quote]

Whoops you’re right- I totally missed that when I read the OPs post. In that case, I don’t see anything wrong with drinking it then.