Surge Appreciation Thread

i use b/w 10-12 oz for 2 sccops

Ah. coconut flavor, eh? I may try it. But I love raspberry.

I just bought 2 of every flavor on the Biotest deal a few weeks ago. They just upped the BCAA’s to 13 grams per surving which is a nice surprise.

If I drink Surge pre or during my workout it actually seems to drag my workout down a notch. Anyone else have this problem. I still take 20 grams of BCAA’s during but Surge almost causes too much of an insulin surge. Post-workout it is of course a stellar drink.

Also, with 42 grams of carbs they better have made the flavors tasty. Especially since not many people here have a desenitized pallate like most of the soda sippin’ diabetes diseased Americans.

Original tastes like Angel-Food cake in my opinion and many others on this board… I’ve never heard it referred to as coconut tasting.

I know I’ve read the answer to this awhile ago but I can’t seem to remember: Is it ok to mix Surge with non-fat milk, or should it just be mixed with water?

I’ve tried it a few times either way and the milk makes it much more palatable.

[quote]Mutu wrote:
I know I’ve read the answer to this awhile ago but I can’t seem to remember: Is it ok to mix Surge with non-fat milk, or should it just be mixed with water?

I’ve tried it a few times either way and the milk makes it much more palatable.[/quote]

Christian Thibaudeau will tell you to STOP drinking milk. He has many good reasons, search for them.

[quote]invictus1 wrote:
Mutu wrote:

I’ve tried it a few times either way and the milk makes it much more palatable.

Christian Thibaudeau will tell you to STOP drinking milk. He has many good reasons, search for them.

[/quote]

Not to mention the fact that it will probably slow down the absoption rate significantly and that defeates the purpose of Surge.

i also would like to give two big thumbs up for Surge. i drank 1/2 a serving after my warmup, then sipped on the rest during, then took 1 whole serving after. it didnt really help w/ the DOMS, but i had a great workout and felt like i could keep going.

i have the chocolate, and LOVE it! best flavor of any protein drink, hands down. i also look forward to my workouts just so i can have a taste.

Original tastes like angel cake.

as far as my performance ever being affected by Surge I used to get bloated with Shugart’s double dosing protocol.

Original is great, but the raspberry just tastes like watered down fruit punch to me. Might be because I use 20oz of water to mix, but I still can’t see myself liking it more than original (which I feel would be a little too sweet with less water).

I love original, but lately I’ve been cheating on it with chocolate.

Vanilla for is a bit better than original. I just got Wild Raspberry…hopefully this will be the one.

Just used Surge for the first time today, the Wild Raspberry flavor. Tastes awesome. Was using Cytogainer as PWO, but now that I’ve been exposed to Surge, I will never go back.

Thank you Biotest!

Chocolate and Original are the best. After a while of using one or the other, I have to switch back. I used Raspberry initially and loved it, then moved to original and loved it twice as much, then to Chocolate which I’ve been using for about 6 months. It took me about a week to get used to the taste of original, but after a while I got addicted to it.
I still have a half tub of original waiting for me when I get home from school =]

Vanilla smells and tastes like nasty old popcorn to me =\

I haven’t tried the Root Beer Float, but if I do I’ll surely be buying some seltzer water or club soda to mix with it =P

-dizzle

A-Dizz I think the Root Beer Float tastes AWESOME! Not as good as Chocolate or Original, but still pretty tasty.

-Matt

The OP said he takes 3 scoops pre and post workout. Anyone else do this? I do 2 pre and post right now, I wonder when you’ll have diminishing returns.

[quote]Natural Nate wrote:
The OP said he takes 3 scoops pre and post workout. Anyone else do this? I do 2 pre and post right now, I wonder when you’ll have diminishing returns.[/quote]

Or diminishing funds.

-dizzle

[quote]slimsaw00 wrote:
A-Dizz I think the Root Beer Float tastes AWESOME! Not as good as Chocolate or Original, but still pretty tasty.

-Matt[/quote]

I’ll definitely check it out, then.

Dude, all this talk of Surge really makes me want to have my tub of Original back =[

It’s so damn delicious! It’s become my favorite comfort food.

-dizzle

I’m still on my first tub of original. I’m also hoping a new version of the Velocity Diet will come out that involves naught but the consumption of Original Flavor Surge. Nectar of the Gods, it is.

rasberry Surge is super delicious and I just can’t let myself try anything else. Is there any articles on the site on what the trainers recommend for the Biotest usage vs. what it says on the containers? I’ve been following the containers suggestions but they don’t always sound right.