T Nation

Surge and Dumb Coments

What is the dumbest thing you’ve been asked while drinking Surge at the gym? I’ve been asked no less than 3 times if i’m drinking milk, been told I should drink gatorade instead, that protein will kill my kidneys, and had one guy ask me “so is water not good enough for you” (like i’m some kind of water snob)

La’
Redsol1

Dumb comments require dumb answers.

Protein is bad for the kidneys.

“Ooh, I’d hate to have kidneys. Is that like syphilis?”

Water not good enough for you?

“Didn’t you know water is bad for your kidneys?”

Is that milk?

“Yes, my wife is lactating.”

[quote]redsol1 wrote:
What is the dumbest thing you’ve been asked while drinking Surge at the gym? I’ve been asked no less than 3 times if i’m drinking milk, been told I should drink gatorade instead, that protein will kill my kidneys, and had one guy ask me “so is water not good enough for you” (like i’m some kind of water snob)

La’
Redsol1[/quote]

Usually been asked if it is one of those tweaked-out creatine mixes.

Strangely, most of the stuff I have heard about me drinking Surge wasn’t directed at me. This mostly being frat-curlers pointing out my “protein shake” consumption… combine that with the fact that a squat in the curl rack and I’m a gym menace.

The line, “Do some research.” usually sets them straight

One day I’m trying to have a good workout, but redsol keeps bothering me. Finally, I’m taking a break, sipping my Surge and he spits out “I’ve gotta know…How do you spell comment?!”
“Redsol, that is the dumbest fuckin question I’ve ever been asked while drinking my Surge,” I replied. Guess I should’ve just told him!

[quote]The Mage wrote:

Is that milk?

“Yes, my wife is lactating.”[/quote]

LMAO!! The last person who asked me that was a woman! God, I wish i’d thought to tell her that!!

La’
Redsol1

I feel an urge to “coment” on this because this happened this morning…

Fat slob: “Uh… what’ya drinkin’ dude? Some kind of energy shake?”

Me: “It’s half milk half water, what did you think it was?”

Fat slob: “Oh… [breaks eye contact]… doesn’t that hurt your stomach?”

Me: “No, why would it?”

A few dumb looks later I was back to barbell rows and he waddled off…

[quote]apayne wrote:
One day I’m trying to have a good workout, but redsol keeps bothering me. Finally, I’m taking a break, sipping my Surge and he spits out “I’ve gotta know…How do you spell comment?!”
“Redsol, that is the dumbest fuckin question I’ve ever been asked while drinking my Surge,” I replied. Guess I should’ve just told him!

[/quote]

That’s funny!

I’m an Engineer, i’m not expected to spell.

La’
Redsol1

I feel an urge to “coment” on this because this happened this morning…

Fat slob: “Uh… what’ya drinkin’ dude? Some kind of energy shake?”

Me: “It’s half milk half water, what did you think it was?”

Fat slob: “Oh… [breaks eye contact]… doesn’t that hurt your stomach?”

Me: “No, why would it?”

A few dumb looks later I was back to barbell rows and he waddled off…

You asshole, a simple “Carb and protein shake, I’ll explain after my workout,” would have sufficed.

I was discussing supplements with a guy at work and he says Surge is a waste. Says it is a lot of money to spend on essentially just sugar. He thinks I should drink Gatorade instead.

The dumbest thing i have ever been told, was a by a know-it-all-newbie, who brought a box of mesotech(or something else from the craptech lineup).

He went something like “Hey bro lose the kool-aid and try one of these man sized bars”

[quote]redsol1 wrote:

That’s funny!

I’m an Engineer, i’m not expected to spell.

La’
Redsol1[/quote]

Should’ve guessed!

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
I was discussing supplements with a guy at work and he says Surge is a waste. Says it is a lot of money to spend on essentially just sugar. He thinks I should drink Gatorade instead.[/quote]

Tell him he should just drink sugar water instead of gatorade. Then when he turns to walk away donkey punch him.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
I was discussing supplements with a guy at work and he says Surge is a waste. Says it is a lot of money to spend on essentially just sugar. He thinks I should drink Gatorade instead.[/quote]

With this guys reasoning we could all injest cane sugar, soy protein isolate, and lard and be just as healthy as any T-Man who follows 7 principles of highly effective nutrition…

What a moron.

You can even tell a difference between RTD gatorade and powdered concentrate Gatorade.

I mean in a sense the guy is right… if you want to have sub-par recovery Surge is .

I goes back to the same principle that the people who know less act as if they know more…

[quote]The Mage wrote:
Dumb comments require dumb answers.

Is that milk?

“Yes, my wife is lactating.”[/quote]

Hahaha! awesome-If someone asks me that, I’ll no doubt be using this.

I asked what he uses and he said he mixes glutamine and bcca powder with protein. He says if I want cheap sugar stick with Gatorade or skim milk and protein powder.

This is the same man who’s “ripping” diet is composed of white rice, apples, pineapple, raisins, Costco bulk protein powder, and a meat and veggie dish for dinner.

[quote]Snoop wrote:
redsol1 wrote:

That’s funny!

I’m an Engineer, i’m not expected to spell.

La’
Redsol1

Should’ve guessed! [/quote]

Why?

La’
Redsol1

Can I have some?

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
I asked what he uses and he said he mixes glutamine and bcca powder with protein. He says if I want cheap sugar stick with Gatorade or skim milk and protein powder.

This is the same man who’s “ripping” diet is composed of white rice, apples, pineapple, raisins, Costco bulk protein powder, and a meat and veggie dish for dinner.[/quote]

I do better with a chocolate frosted donut.

[quote]SicTorn wrote:
I asked what he uses and he said he mixes glutamine and bcca powder with protein. He says if I want cheap sugar stick with Gatorade or skim milk and protein powder.

This is the same man who’s “ripping” diet is composed of white rice, apples, pineapple, raisins, Costco bulk protein powder, and a meat and veggie dish for dinner.[/quote]

Nothing wrong with using BCAAs, a good protein powder mixed in gatorade/dextrose or even kool aid if Surge isnt available.

However that mix does not save you any money. Add up 2 serving of gatorade, 5-10 grams bcaa, one serving of some whey isolate, and the total cost you come up with is about the same, if not more than one serving of Surge.

The taste though totally blows. Isolate and hydro whey tastes pretty bad, and the gatorade flavour isnt strong enough.