Surge After Cardio?

How many of you take Surge after cardio workouts?

I know many of the articles only explain to take Surge after lifting but not after cardio workouts. Why not?

Can someone please explain this to me? Because, cardio (especially high intesity) still seems like a “workout” to me. Thanks.

[quote]drew-aych wrote:
How many of you take Surge after cardio workouts?

I know many of the articles only explain to take Surge after lifting but not after cardio workouts. Why not?

Can someone please explain this to me? Because, cardio (especially high intesity) still seems like a “workout” to me. Thanks.[/quote]

John Berardi addresses this in his “Solving the Post-Workout Puzzle” article.

I personally take Surge after “cardio” workouts, but I have different goals then most of the people here. My cardio workouts also go for well over an 1.5 hours.

A lot depends on your goals and the type of cardio you are doing. Cardio is a very general term.

Check out JB’s article and post a general idea of your cardio work.

Well, currently I have cardio days 3 times a week but I do a split of HIIT and longer endurance type work.

So, I could be doing 25-30 minutes of HIIT (sprint 30 sec, jog 45 for 15 reps) one day and I also switch to 45 to 60 minutes of endurance cardio on other days(jogging, biking).

I’m just wondering if I really need those calories if I’m am trying to lower my body fat %.

I’d really take a look at JB’s article.

I don’t think a half-serving would hurt. Give it a shot and assess your results.

I am always one to lean on the side of better recovery then an a wee-bit more fatloss.

Others will have differing opinions. I’ve been Surging for many moons (after cardio) and it’s never affected my body fat.

I lift 3 days a week and run 3 days a week, and I use Surge after each workout AND run. To me it’s important to be fully recovered in 24 hours, and Surge helps me do that.

I’m able to maintain a low body fat since I’m able to lift and run each day, and I haven’t had to worry about gaining weight from Surge.

Hope that helps!
T-Mag Mod

When I lift I drink half a serving during and half after. On cardio days I drink half to two thirds serving after.