Surge After Boxing?

I’ve been using Surge Recovery after weight lifting for years and I’m very happy with it. However, I’ve recently started taking boxing lessons; is it worth drinking Surge afterward? It’s mostly cardio, but it definitely places demands on my muscles, though obviously not like doing 5x5 deadlifts or something. Everything is done in intervals of 2 mins on, 30 seconds off. The training consists of a “bootcamp”-type plyometric workout, then stuff like boxing with the trainer, bag work, footwork drills, shadowboxing, etc. Would you drink Surge Recovery after this? TIA!

I don’t think it would hurt. I used to drink a scoop of Grow! whey after boxing to aid recovery. When do you box usually?

[quote]Therizza wrote:
I don’t think it would hurt. I used to drink a scoop of Grow! whey after boxing to aid recovery. When do you box usually?[/quote]

I usually start around 8pm and go til 9 or 9:30. I eat a small snack before and dinner after.

In that case I’d try it out, maybe 1 or 2 scoops at first.

I should add that currently, my primary goal is weight loss…would Grow! be better for after boxing? Or is post-boxing still a good window for muscle glycogen replenishment? I know that Surge wouldn’t hurt, but I do try to avoid simple carbs unless there’s a good reason, KWIM?

I don’t think Surge would have any detrimental affect, quite to the contrary it will more than likely allow you to recover better than whey alone. At least it does for me, but I don’t know how intense your boxing sessions are, in which case your recovery might not be an issue.