T Nation

Supreme Bars and Other Supps

I am pretty well dialed in when it comes to solid foods and what is good -vs- bad. These supps are still a little fuzzy for me. Looking for some nutrition experts to tell me how good these Supreme bars are/aren't and why. If they are shit, like most other bars, let me know what ingredients make them shit. I only use them in a pinch, few times a month maybe, so I don't pay much attention to all these funky looking ingredients. Anyway, nutritional below....

Ingredients: Supreme Protein® Blend 30g: (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Milk Protein Isolate), Chocolate Coating [Maltitol, Palm Kernel Oil, Milk Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Natural Flavor], Maltitol Syrup, Peanuts, Vegetable Glycerine, Milk Protein Concentrate, Soybean Oil, Coconut Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Cream (Heavy Cream, Carrageenan, Mono and Diglycerides), Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Soy Protein Crisps (Isolated Soy Protein, Rice Flour, Malt Extract and Salt), Soy Lecithin (an Emulsifier), Vitamin Mix, Salt, Potassium Sorbate.

Allergen Information: Contains peanuts, soy and milk products. Manufactured in a facility that uses tree nuts, egg and wheat in other products.

Obviously everyone will tell you're much better off munching on a cold chicken breast with broccoli and cashews, but in a pinch (and not too many if you're cutting), I don't see a prob. I have several boxes of different protein bars in my kitchen, and I always toss a few in my girl's bag before we go anywhere. When I'm lucky, I don't have to resort to eating one, when I'm not, and I need to eat 'something', it's better than a pizza parlor at 4am and nothing else is open :slight_smile:

S

as long as the macros are what you're looking for, i don't see a problem. even if you're scared of soy, all the soy ingredients are pretty far down the list.

As long as your calories and macros fit, I don't really see a problem. Just know that, that "net carb" business is complete trash and sugar alcohols not as low impact as you think (like 3 cals per gram rather than 4). That being said... Supreme Protein Bars are delicious.

But I'd also like to hear what more knowledgeable people have to say.

Cool, thanks.