T Nation

Supraspinatus Injury

I have a friend who is a doctor and he was doing dips. He went to failure and so couldn't push back up to the starting position and so he bailed, and while doing so he messed up his supraspinatus. So, my question is, since its a minor injury but still painful, are band shoulder dislocations and a rotator cuff exercise good for treating the injury? If not, then what is the best way to proceed?

I have recently injured my infraspinatus and just got back from an ART therapy session. Have the doc check out ART (active release technique), it helps. My therapist said that I could continue to train but to avoid exercises that directly agitated the injury and replace them with something less painful.

[quote]shawnhavoc wrote:
I have recently injured my infraspinatus and just got back from an ART therapy session. Have the doc check out ART (active release technique), it helps. My therapist said that I could continue to train but to avoid exercises that directly agitated the injury and replace them with something less painful.[/quote]

ok, thanks, im going to tell him about it