Supraglenoid Tubercle HELP

Finally figured what hurts in my shoulder. Can anyone give me an idea of how to rehab/prehab this?

Little background : I am 59 (60 in 3months) and I’ve struggled with this for years. Hurts to bench- I know use dumbells only- and to curl without upper arm support. I don’t want a shotfor it, I’d prefer to rehab it.

Any PTs or trainers with experience in this?

John

[quote]Josann wrote:

Finally figured what hurts in my shoulder. Can anyone give me an idea of how to rehab/prehab this?

Little background : I am 59 (60 in 3months) and I’ve struggled with this for years. Hurts to bench- I know use dumbells only- and to curl without upper arm support. I don’t want a shotfor it, I’d prefer to rehab it.

John
[/quote]

If you ve had it for years, the chances a steroid injection would help is less likely. Not sure why your pointing the supra glenoid tubercle as being the source of pain, more likely the bicep anchor with or without a SLAP type lesion. In general for muscular tendonopathy some eccentric exercise used in conjunction with cross-friction massage and cuff work is a good place to start.

[quote]BHOLL wrote:

[quote]Josann wrote:

John
[/quote]

If you ve had it for years, the chances a steroid injection would help is less likely. Not sure why your pointing the supra glenoid tubercle as being the source of pain, more likely the bicep anchor with or without a SLAP type lesion. In general for muscular tendonopathy some eccentric exercise used in conjunction with cross-friction massage and cuff work is a good place to start. [/quote]

Could you suggest some eccentric exercises I could try?

Josann

[quote]Josann wrote:

[quote]BHOLL wrote:

[quote]Josann wrote:

John
[/quote]

If you ve had it for years, the chances a steroid injection would help is less likely. Not sure why your pointing the supra glenoid tubercle as being the source of pain, more likely the bicep anchor with or without a SLAP type lesion. In general for muscular tendonopathy some eccentric exercise used in conjunction with cross-friction massage and cuff work is a good place to start. [/quote]

Josann[/quote]

Can anybody suggest exercises to help with this?

[quote]Josann wrote:

[quote]BHOLL wrote:

[quote]Josann wrote:

John
[/quote]

Josann[/quote]

eccentric dumbbell curl
eccentric shoulder flexion

External rotation at 0
Internal rotation at 0