Supps- What's The Real Deal

I’m 19, 5’8, weigh 161, and have been training for 2 years. I just finished a few months of a total body program and am going to go back to a body part split program next week.

My 3RM’s for the big 3 are
Bench- 235
Squat- 315
Dead- 225

Yeah my deadlift is really disproportional, but I haven’t been doing them for very long where as I’ve been squatting and benching since I began training. I expect some relatively quick improvement to my deadlift.

Anyway, being 19 and still only 160 pounds I’m obviously bulking. I have the protein intake under control, but that’s about it. Some days I’ll get 4000 calories, only to get something like 2500 the next day. I’m working on it, but I’m also really busy with school.

I know there’s little point in taking supplements until I get my diet more or less perfect, but once I get that down what should I be taking? I’ve read about all the Biotest supplements, but they all sound like they’re God’s gift to strength training.

I’ve read a few articles too but they all plug different supplements, and I just want to know what really works, besides food. So, what do you guys actually take, and what works?

You don’t need anything but the 4000 calories, five grams of fish oil, and a couple hundred grams of protein. You are right about the supplements being meaningless untill your diet is in order, so get it in gear.

Once everything is in order, and you have a bit more experience, some supplements may tailor to your needs. For now, work on getting that food in.

Get the diet and training nailed. Then add Fish oil and Protein like Flameout and Metabolic Drive. After that pic ONE supp at a time and see what it doews for you. Give each a nice little run to see how you respond then try another this way you will know what each does,

If you pick and start 4 then you have no idea what did what.

Pick one to fit your goals of course.

Buy quality weight gain shakes, protein, milk, eggs, veggies, fruit, and meat. Plan ahead and prepare ahead of time with your meals. You recover and get bigger when your body is at rest and proper diet speeds up this process.