Supps for Upcoming Surgeries?

Ankle Repair and shoulder reconstruction in the next 2 weeks…

Basically I have 2 operations coming up in the next few weeks which will have the end result of me not being able to lift to any great level for the next 10 to 12 weeks. Given the fact that I am very susceptible to weight loss,I’m expecting to lose about 6 to 8kg during this time. What I’m trying to do is to come up with a supplement stack that will allow me to be a freak by the time I return to full pitch training in July.

So far I’ve decided I’m going to get some Indigo-3G,but am looking for other products to stack with it.Would people have suggestions?I’m thinking Carbolin 19 and/or Alpha Male but I really don’t know enough about what I can balance with the Indigo-3G without being stupid and doing myself damage.I’m expecting to drop to about 91kg and want to be about 103/4kg come july 1st after about 10 weeks of very intense strength and conditioning work.

Any input would be appreciated.

Personally I would hold off on the Indigo until you are ready to train again.

For supps I would use
Fish Oil
Curcumin
MAG-10
Elite Min Pro

soft tissues:

vit D3, vit A, vit C, and (of course) protein

bones:

calcium, magnesium, vit D3, boron

[quote]Jeffrey of Troy wrote:
soft tissues:

vit D3, vit A, vit C, and (of course) protein

bones:

calcium, magnesium, vit D3, boron[/quote]

^true

that being said in MODOK’s Q/A some one asked a similar question. he recommended a few cups of bone broth a day along with vit C (preferably IV if you have access)

IMO 5-10g leucine before each meal would be a good idea (stimulate protein synthesis)

that and/or some hydrolyzed casein a few times a day to cause hyperaminoacidemia

keep calories higher than normal

if you have the money those supp’s you mentioned would probably only help

i would wait on the fish oil. some studies say they have blood thinning capabilities. check with your doctor on that one. dont want to bleed to death after surgery.

i would wait on the fish oil. some studies say they have blood thinning capabilities. check with your doctor on that one. dont want to bleed to death after surgery.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but maybe supplementing with creatine after your surgery would help prevent muscle loss? Can’t hurt, I’d assume.

Thanks for all the input lads.However,I wasn’t as concerned with maintaining mass while I’m out of training completely as I am about how to go about putting on a large amount of lean mass when I’m able to start lifting again.That’s why I was suggesting the Indigo-3G and Carbolin 19,or some sort of stack that people think would be most effective with regard to putting on mass when I’m back lifting.

[quote]wigsa wrote:
Thanks for all the input lads.However,I wasn’t as concerned with maintaining mass while I’m out of training completely as I am about how to go about putting on a large amount of lean mass when I’m able to start lifting again.That’s why I was suggesting the Indigo-3G and Carbolin 19,or some sort of stack that people think would be most effective with regard to putting on mass when I’m back lifting.[/quote]

ah, i misunderstood but ‘keeping’ as much muscle as you can should be priority #1 and healing as quickly as possible should be priority #2