Supps for Sore Wrist and Elbow?

Think it’s lingering rugby issues combined with lifting stress, haven’t had problems with either in a long time. Don’t want to stop training, not that serious, but would like to fix it. Anyone have any supplement or rehab recommendations? All I can think of is increasing fish oils and maybe glucosamine/chondroitin. Does ibuprofen help with stuff like that?

Flameout

Ibuprofen, yes, it can help. The dosing protocol to quell inflammation is different than the occasional usage for pain.

However, when a joint is sore, you are probably causing some mechanical damage during movements. And the resulting inflammation caused by faulty or overloaded movement is NOT fixed by fish oil or ibuprofen. Those merely address the symptoms. To address the cause, you have to stop causing the mechanical damage in the first place.

[quote]andersons wrote:
Ibuprofen, yes, it can help. The dosing protocol to quell inflammation is different than the occasional usage for pain.

However, when a joint is sore, you are probably causing some mechanical damage during movements. And the resulting inflammation caused by faulty or overloaded movement is NOT fixed by fish oil or ibuprofen. Those merely address the symptoms. To address the cause, you have to stop causing the mechanical damage in the first place.[/quote]

Thanks. I’m being pretty careful lifting wise, nothing that’s real rough on either (i.e skullcrushers, upright rows). As I said, trying not to take time off.

Can you explain ibuprofen dosing, I only take a couple occasionally, don’t really know how to use the stuff.

I take glucosamine/chondroitin, Flameout + generic fish oils, and just started a trial run on Ciccus (I think that’s how you spell it). I’ll let you know if I notice any improvement in a couple of weeks,

S

cissus and mega dosing fish oil…there is testimony upon testimony of people with nagging joint aches going away with megadosing fish oil

Cissus gets lots of good feedback.

[quote]Pugsley wrote:
cissus and mega dosing fish oil…there is testimony upon testimony of people with nagging joint aches going away with megadosing fish oil

[/quote]

How much is megadosing? 10 grams a day?

Get some lifting gloves that support your wrists to use on the exercises that aggravate them. Same with the elbow.

Of course fish oils too.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:

Can you explain ibuprofen dosing, I only take a couple occasionally, don’t really know how to use the stuff.[/quote]

It’s 800 mg, twice per day, for several weeks. I bet 400 mg every 6 hours would be even better. Take it like clockwork and not just in response to pain, in order to quell inflammation.

If you have just minor soreness in joints all throughout your body, fish oil may help over the course of a few months. Plus, carefully evaluate all movements that may be causing damage or irritation and fix them.

However, if you have serious inflammation in an injured joint, like tennis elbow for example, the course of ibuprofen really helps. But you must rest it at the same time. You can’t just take an anti-inflammatory, then go and cause a whole bunch more mechanical damage that triggers a bunch more inflammation. Well, you can; but it’s obviously counter-productive.

Prescription-strength ibuprofen has a much more powerful anti-inflammatory effect than fish oil. Fish oil is good for chronic, low-level soreness and arthritis, but ibuprofen is appropriate for acute injuries and higher levels of pain.

[quote]andersons wrote:
GDollars37 wrote:

Can you explain ibuprofen dosing, I only take a couple occasionally, don’t really know how to use the stuff.

It’s 800 mg, twice per day, for several weeks. I bet 400 mg every 6 hours would be even better. Take it like clockwork and not just in response to pain, in order to quell inflammation.

If you have just minor soreness in joints all throughout your body, fish oil may help over the course of a few months. Plus, carefully evaluate all movements that may be causing damage or irritation and fix them.

However, if you have serious inflammation in an injured joint, like tennis elbow for example, the course of ibuprofen really helps. But you must rest it at the same time. You can’t just take an anti-inflammatory, then go and cause a whole bunch more mechanical damage that triggers a bunch more inflammation. Well, you can; but it’s obviously counter-productive.

Prescription-strength ibuprofen has a much more powerful anti-inflammatory effect than fish oil. Fish oil is good for chronic, low-level soreness and arthritis, but ibuprofen is appropriate for acute injuries and higher levels of pain.[/quote]

Thanks man, that is very helpful.

its probably tendonitis