Supps and Scripts

Hey all you smart guys at Biotest. I’m wondering if I should stop the HOT-ROX while on a corticosteriod? I’m not noticing any change since starting the prescription about 24 hours ago, but I’m not real sure what I’m s’posed to be watching out for other than dizzyness. Problem with that is I’m also on a script for that too. I’m focused on a specific date to reach a specific goal and I’m not letting a freakin ear infection slow me down.

[quote]911 Girl wrote:
Hey all you smart guys at Biotest. I’m wondering if I should stop the HOT-ROX while on a corticosteriod? I’m not noticing any change since starting the prescription about 24 hours ago, but I’m not real sure what I’m s’posed to be watching out for other than dizzyness. Problem with that is I’m also on a script for that too. I’m focused on a specific date to reach a specific goal and I’m not letting a freakin ear infection slow me down.[/quote]

Sorry I didn’t see this one right away.

Well, technically speaking, there’s a possibility that at least one of the compounds in HOT-ROX could antagonize the effects of corticosteroids. However, I have yet to see any data, published or anecdotal which would lead me to believe that there is any clinically significant decrease in efficacy when used concurrently. If the course of treatment with your particular corticosteroid is short, and you want to be on the safe side, you could discontinue using HOT-ROX for the time being, but again, I haven’t had any negative reports from those using the two concurrently. Obviously, if you did notice that the corticosteroid isn’t helping, then you may want to discontinue HOT-ROX for the time being.

Hope that helped.

Thanks for the reply. Exactly, the type of info I was looking for. I know I can’t possibly be the first HOT-ROX user to have an ear infection treated this way. I did decrease the dosage of the HOT-ROX to just 4 tabs total per 24 hour period, just to be on the safe side. Only noticable anything is my incredibly good mood and lack of headache. I’m thinking the two are concentric.

Thanks Cy.

Is this Corticosteroid an ear drop or is it a tablet you take orally (Medrol Dose Pack)?

I’m not used to treating Otitis Media (middle ear infection) with a corticosteriod. I can see it used to lesson the swelling and reduce pain but it’s systemic effects such as mood , water weight gain, hot flashes, increased appetite, decreased sleep, and increase blood pressure are usually reasons for not using it. It can also soften tendons and make a tear easier to do. I would go for volume training and not go heavey for at leasst a week after you are finished with the corticosteriod Rx.

Otitis Externa (extrenal infection like swimmers ear) many will use a combination corticosteriod antibiotic drop to aleviate swelling of the ear canal, but this is a local occurence and not systemic.

If you have started the Corticosteriod finish it as perscribed. To not do so would cause more harm.