Supps and Food in Brisbane, Australia?

Hey Everyone,

I recently moved to Brisbane, Australia all the way from Canada!

I have gone and set up my gym membership and have been enjoying it for several weeks. What I am having trouble finding is some good supplement shops, good meat shops, and egg whites in cartons!?

If anybody else has the inside scoop on good supps and such in Brisbane please leave a post.

Thanks,

Tater

I live in Sydney so I can’t be totally helpful but here’s my advice:

Don’t buy any supps in Australia. The price mark up is up to 2000%.

Be aware many supps won’t make it through customs, so avoid importing test boosting and stimulant supps.

Never seen egg whites in cartons in Aus. You’ll soon learn because of the protectionism in this country that food is expensive and there is nowhere near as many options for what you buy.

Someone else might be able to help with the butcher, but there are a few aussie bb forums that will be able to help you more with that.

tater salad,

yes there are a lot of things that are more expensive, an obvious consequence of being a big country geographically with only a small population.

in saying that, it will really depend on what suburb you live in as well as lifestyle. you can get great organic meat at suburbs like coorparoo or toowong. if cost is a factor then try the sunday morning markets at chandler, google will help you find all these places.

as for supps, sure their more expensive here but can you really go without them? most of the things you’re after can be found online, Biotest even has their own australian website.

ps, what gym did you sign up for

Thanks for the input eigieinhemr! It is good to find out why some of this stuff and food is so bloody expensive.

Kairewa: Yea I figured because of the massive importing of goods this had to be the reason for the costs.

Canada is a giant geographical country as well with a comparably small population, but thanks to our proximity to the U.S foodstuffs are fairly underpriced. We still get dinged pretty hard in comparison to the U.S supplement prices wise. I used to manage a Supplement shop and there were products where my cost to buy the product was the same retail cost in the states! Nuts, I know.

The only supps I am looking to buy is Whey, Creatine Monohydrate, and a good fish oil. I am a basics kinda guy.

I didn’t realize there was a Biotest australia website. I will check that out right now. Thanks for telling me that!

I signed up at the UQ gym. It is a good set up and reasonably priced.

Where are you training out of?

Tater

I just checked out the Biotest Australia website and I am stoked at the prices.

I am definitely going to pick up the Grow! Whey and Creatine Monohydrate from there…and depending on my mood I might try out the Carbolin 19.

Thanks for giving the me heads up on that website.

Tater

[quote]Tater Salad wrote:
I just checked out the Biotest Australia website and I am stoked at the prices.

I am definitely going to pick up the Grow! Whey and Creatine Monohydrate from there…and depending on my mood I might try out the Carbolin 19.

Thanks for giving the me heads up on that website.

Tater[/quote]

Stoked at the prices? Alpha Male is $100. I don’t think that site is owned by Biotest. I think it’s just someone importing them and reselling at a huge mark up. If you want Biotest then order from the real site (and just check what is on the Biotest Australia website, because anything they get in obviously can get through customs). If you still have any canadian or US dollars use them to pay as the Aus dollar is so weak at the moment.

I mean I am more stoked about the price of Grow! Whey which is significantly more in stores around brisbane.

The other products like Alpha Male I haven’t used before, and your right I would not pay 100 for pills…haha. I try and lean more towards Whey and Creatine to make it simple.

What kind of supps are you taking? Any recommendations on quality Australian/New Zealand brands?

Tater

Tater,

Im a brisbane boy and it’s def necessary to be buying your supps online. If your a basics guy and not to worried about labels, then i usually buy my WPI oline. there are a few other places i can send you too but dont want to get myself in trouble for promoting on this forum.

How much did UQ end up charging you? Im a student there doing Human Movements, Bachelor of Exercise Science but currently at a gym at Mt Gravatt (which i highly recommend)

Hope your liking brissy :slight_smile:

Ok man…that is good to know I should keep my eyes online for the best deals.

I think I am paying $28 bi-weekly. Students it is $21 bi-weekly. So the students don’t actually get much of a discount.

Brisbane has been awesome. A very nice clean city.

Tater

Hmm i thought it was cheaper then that hey… Obviously not.

Im at CBJ gym on Kessels rd Mt Gravatt and pay $21 a fortnight there too, awesome gym.

But if your interested in creatine mono prices online then hit me a pm and ill send u in the right direction.

Glad ur liking it here!