Supplements?

ok so im 17 and in the middle of my 4th month in the gym ive noticeably gained strength and a bit of mass but like any other person or teen want faster results,so i have thought about taking supplements such as BETA-7 or cellmass or any other creatine . btw i follow a balanced diet and workout everyday but what i want to know is if it will cause any damage later on or if i should take something else or just wait a while

do your research.

thats about as nice as anyone is going to put it.

while just getting into lifting, you really don’t need anything outside of a solid diet.

btw, workingout everyday isnt exactly smart.

these boards have a lot to offer, absorb as much as you can.

[quote]Rocafella3o5 wrote:
ok so im 17 and in the middle of my 4th month in the gym ive noticeably gained strength and a bit of mass but like any other person or teen want faster results,so i have thought about taking supplements such as BETA-7 or cellmass or any other creatine . btw i follow a balanced diet and workout everyday but what i want to know is if it will cause any damage later on or if i should take something else or just wait a while[/quote]

Can you give us some more info:
Height
Weight
What Program are you currently following?
Is your sole training goal muscle mass?

That being said, at 17, some basic things you can do:

-If you’re after mass, go for a protein supplement like Metabolic Drive Complete to have 2-3 per day.

• Get some Surge for Post Work Out. If you can, try doubling up on the servings (See Shugarts article on the Double Dose Surge Experiment).
  • Get some Creatine Monohydrate.

ok so im 17 and in the middle of my 4th month in the gym ive noticeably gained strength and a bit of mass but like any other person or teen want faster results,so i have thought about taking supplements such as BETA-7 or cellmass or any other creatine . btw i follow a balanced diet and workout everyday but what i want to know is if it will cause any damage later on or if i should take something else or just wait a while[/quote]

You’re still growing. I wouldn’t take anything. Just keep working hard. And you mention that you workout everyday. Give yourself ample time to grow!

Take a teaspoon of L-glutamine pre-workout, and some creatine (read the label for dosage) post-workout. Plus, drink a protein shake post-workout. I like myoplex lite.

I really like the Biotest sups. Every now and then I try another brand and I am reminded of why I stuck with Biotest for so long.

100% whey protein is a very usefull supplement, especially straight after a workout

well thanks a lot so far for the replys theyre really helpful as for the other info
Height - 5’7
Weight- 148 lbs

What Program are you currently following? well if by programs you mean what i workout then and by everyday I didnt mean literally everyday lol thats killer but instead

( although i have a day focused on cardio i still finish every workout with a bit of cardio )

monday- chest and triceps
tuesday- back and biceps
wednesday- shoulders and legs
thursday- cardio( usually soccer or football) and abs
friday - rest
saturday- 2 or 3 workouts from every muscle group
sunday - rest

and yes wat i wanna gain is muscle mass but also strength

well thanks a lot so far for the replys theyre really helpful as for the other info
Height - 5’7
Weight- 148 lbs

What Program are you currently following? well if by programs you mean what i workout then and by everyday I didnt mean literally everyday lol thats killer but instead

( although i have a day focused on cardio i still finish every workout with a bit of cardio )

monday- chest and triceps
tuesday- back and biceps
wednesday- shoulders and legs
thursday- cardio( usually soccer or football) and abs
friday - rest
saturday- 2 or 3 workouts from every muscle group
sunday - rest

and yes wat i wanna gain is muscle mass but also strength
[/quote]

If you’re looking for strength and size, in all honesty my favorite program is Joe DeFranco’s Westsie for Skinny Bastards I or II. If you do that, look up John Berardi’s 7 Habits, and just keep things simple and apply a boatload of effort, you’ll be on your way to building impressive strength as well as an impressive physique.