Supplements

I am new to weight training but am very fit and active(play soccer). I am looking to get a little more serious and was wondering what type of supplements i should be using and when. Ihave recently changed my diet to high protien(chicken, fish, egg whites) but looking for more help. I just wanted to know if this new Nitric Oxide would be something for me.

Type in NO2 into the search engine or just go to authors, then David Barr and read the expos? he wrote debunking them as the garbage they are.

A good way to keep the guys on this board from ripping you up when you post is to use the search function before you ask a question on the board.

As far as supplements go remember they are just that, supplements. As a raw beginner Grow! and Surge are probably all you need.

Hi there,
I am probably not going to be the only person to try and answer your questions but I figured I would give them a shot.
If you are very new to weight training then you probably only need the basics. A good multi vitamin and something for joint support such as glucosamine.
A decent protein powder like Grow! would be a good idea. Taking care of your post workout nutrition with something like Surge is probably a good idea. Finally you may want to consider taking creatine if you really feel you need it. From what I have read and heard those NO2 products are not worth the outlay. They can lead to a pump and a little increased vascularity in your forearms but it is not likeley they will make you any bigger and stronger.

The only other advice I can offer you is to read as much as you can on this website about how to train sensibly and about nutrition. There is so much good info on here but it can take a while to wade through it.
Other than that, just keep on asking sensible questions and you should get sensible answers.

Hope that helps
Paulos

Quite possibly the best starting point for a beginner is a post by Vroom: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=550116

Good luck and welcome.

[quote]Rrosst wrote:
I am new to weight training but am very fit and active(play soccer). I am looking to get a little more serious and was wondering what type of supplements i should be using and when. Ihave recently changed my diet to high protien(chicken, fish, egg whites) but looking for more help. I just wanted to know if this new Nitric Oxide would be something for me. [/quote]

What are your goals??

AA

For a beginner,

Grow!
Multivitamin
Vit C
Vit E
Flaxseed Oil
Fish Oil Caps
Surge

…maybe, creatine…that’s it for now.

Just concentrate on eating the proper foods, get in your 5-6meals a day.

Learn from my mistakes. When I first started making money out of high school, I spent so much money on supplements that did absolutely nothing for me. Wasted a lot of cash. Even supplements that work big time are not worth taking in the beginning. Since you are a “newbie”, you are gonna grow like a weed. Save the supps for when you hit a wall in a few years from now. Trust me, you will thank me later.

You “newbies” don’t realize how lucky you have it. Most of us had to learn the hard way. Buying worthless supplements, doing unproductive workouts, diets that make you fat or lose too much muscle. You have T-Nation to skip all the wasted years that most of us had to go through. Read everything you can on this site!

Out of all the supplements I have taken, trust me over the last decade or more I have tried’em all, the most noticable change in my physique came when I learned how to eat properly.

NO SUPPLEMENT IN THE WORLD CAN CHANGE YOUR PHYSIQUE BETTER THAN A PROPER DIET, WHETHER IT’S FOR MUSCLE GAIN OR FAT LOSS.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, please feel free to ask!