Supplements Worth the Money?

Ive read over 30 threads saying that creatine, No xplode and other supplements are BS and arent worth the money. Is this true? What are some good supplements? Theres so many articles supporting and bashing them, that I cant decide whether or not to take them. Im not looking for a shortcut, but assistance.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
Ive read over 30 threads saying that creatine, No xplode and other supplements are BS and arent worth the money. Is this true? What are some good supplements? Theres so many articles supporting and bashing them, that I cant decide whether or not to take them. Im not looking for a shortcut, but assistance.[/quote]

creatine is fine, but no xplode is a waste. there was a thread about the lawsuit against their company for ingredient fraud (or the equivalent…i don’t know the correct term).

Good supplements would include the basics that are proven to work or that offer health benefits. A few that most people should consider include:

1. Fish oil caps (like Flameout)
  2. Creatine Monohydrate
  3. Protein powder (like Metabolic Drive)
  4. Post-workout shakes (like Surge)
  5. “Greens” supplements (like Greens+ or Superfood)

There are others that can be used for specific reasons. This is where Spike or HOT-ROX Extreme would come in handy.

There are a lot of other supplements out there (Testosterone boosters, estrogen blockers, etc.), but I think those should only be used by someone who is already well trained and trying to get to the upper limits of their goals (or game).

Most people are not at that level and they should focus on training correctly, eating correctly and putting in the time and work to meet their goals. Most people should stick with the original list of supplements I posted.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Good supplements would include the basics that are proven to work or that offer health benefits. A few that most people should consider include:

2. Creatine Monohydrate

There are others that can be used for specific reasons. This is where Spike or HOT-ROX Extreme would come in handy.

There are a lot of other supplements out there (Testosterone boosters, estrogen blockers, etc.), but I think those should only be used by someone who is already well trained and trying to get to the upper limits of their goals (or game).

Most people are not at that level and they should focus on training correctly, eating correctly and putting in the time and work to meet their goals. Most people should stick with the original list of supplements I posted.[/quote]

I agree with that.

What about amino acids? I hear people saying that you should defenitely add them to your diet and I also hear that these products are mostly waste of money. I dont know, I dont see much difference when adding it to my diet, but I ask myself how much to expect?

I would also like to hear some opinions about Animal products. Are they really as good as some people claim? I have tried just few of these product, they are quite expensive and I would like to know if its worth buying?

Honestly, I don’t think amino acids are that important when bulking. You should already be stuffin your face with protein, anyways. Cutting or getting ready for a show is another circumstance that I think would call for the aminos.

I don’t know much about Animal. Sorry.

BETA-7 and Protein powders (to supplement your diet) are crazy good for adding mass. A stronger workout (Beta-Alanine), better diet and recovery (Protein), more muscle

decent whey isolate powder for PWO
zinc picolinate/citrate
decent fish oil
vitamin C (without calcium)

Glucosamine for joint health. People say Hyaluronic Acid is good, but there isn’t as much evidence backing it up. I used glucosamine for a month after have ankle problems, and they feel fantastic with no problems to date even after not using it past one month.

Depending on how you talk to, CLA shows promise for fat loss along with fish/flaxseed oils.

I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the supps found in the Biotest Store (link on to the right) as long as they fit your goals and you’re eating correctly to achieve those goals.

Here’s a good article on them.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:

2. Creatine Monohydrate

Most people are not at that level and they should focus on training correctly, eating correctly and putting in the time and work to meet their goals. Most people should stick with the original list of supplements I posted.[/quote]

My dad has a shitload of omega berry supreme fish oil by purity products. Ive also taken a little whey protien. But I dont think enough to have done anything, about a 40 gram scoop with milk once a day after workouts. Have you had any expirience with creatine?

Biotest products are very good and I would really like to try them. But the problem is that they dont sell them in part of Europe where I live. So I would like to know what other product are as good as for example Surge, Alpha Male, Metabolic Drive and others

If you dont want to post names here you can PM me, because I would like to hear opinions

[quote]RoLe wrote:
I agree with that.

What about amino acids? I hear people saying that you should defenitely add them to your diet and I also hear that these products are mostly waste of money. I dont know, I dont see much difference when adding it to my diet, but I ask myself how much to expect?[/quote]

I use True Protein’s powdered BCAA’s for my workouts and my cardio. 20 grams mixed with 1 liter of water and that will last through my workout and until I can eat my PWO meal. I’m going for fatloss right now and I know that I couldn’t get through my workouts without them.

[quote]I would also like to hear some opinions about Animal products. Are they really as good as some people claim? I have tried just few of these product, they are quite expensive and I would like to know if its worth buying?
[/quote]
I unfortunately fell sway to their marketing shit and used their Animal Pak, Storm and Shock Therapy products.

Their mutlivitamin (animal pack) is, in my opinion, shit. I felt that I wasn’t getting any micronutrient support with it. I would recommend that you try the Nutritox Sport multivitamin and add into your diet either Greens+ (acid/base balance if you don’t eat a lot of veggies) or Biotest’s Superfood. Both are good products.

Their Storm product (made by the company that manufactures Animal) was a creatine product that gave me so much gas, it sucked. I got on Biotest creatine and it cleared everything right up.

The Shock Therapy was a pre-workout stimulant that didn’t do shit. No pump, no added mental focus, no nothing-except a dip in my wallet. Take some Spike or Power Drive if you feel like you need some extra energy. If you are looking for a pump, put in the time and effort for one-don’t buy it.

[quote]TheBig3 wrote:
My dad has a shitload of omega berry supreme fish oil by purity products. Ive also taken a little whey protien. But I dont think enough to have done anything, about a 40 gram scoop with milk once a day after workouts. Have you had any expirience with creatine?[/quote]

I’ve used creatine on and off for more than 15 years, but I’ve always been a non-responder. It doesn’t matter if I take it with my post-workout shake (or back in the day with grape juice), I just don’t get anything out of it that I can tell.

I don’t gain weight or get the fuller muscles from the loading, and I’ve never noticed being able to get more reps or have more energy using it.

But I do still use it off and on during certain times of the year depending on my goals.

As for amino acids (BCAAs), I think they can be beneficial, but the reality is that most people are not eating correctly, so why supplement with BCAAs if you are not eating enough protein or other nutrients?

I think that BCAAs are a good idea if you are adding them to your pre- and post-workout shakes, as the reasearch seems to show the benefits of added amino acids.

However, like I said before, most people should stick to the original list I posted, as they can help fill in for a proper diet depending on the person’s goals.

Remember, there are many people who make terrific gains with no supplements of fancy gyms or training routines. They work hard consistently.

[quote]Remember, there are many people who make terrific gains with no supplements of fancy gyms or training routines. They work hard consistently.

[/quote]

Yea, Im trying to use supplements for more of a plateu breaker, and for an upcoming meet. But I understand what your saying 100%

Yes, the big basics are worth the money which include:

1. Protein
  2. Vitamins
  3. EFAs

Affordable, effective, nothing fancy.

[quote]Invictica wrote:

1. Protein
  2. Vitamins
  3. EFAs

Affordable, effective, nothing fancy.[/quote]

I’ve been in this game a long time and have never noticed any benefit to using a multivitamin. I think they are for the most part a huge gimmick.

Greens products on the other hand have very noticeable effect on me.

[quote]ChrisKing wrote:
Invictica wrote:

1. Protein
  2. Vitamins
  3. EFAs

Affordable, effective, nothing fancy.

I’ve been in this game a long time and have never noticed any benefit to using a multivitamin. I think they are for the most part a huge gimmick.

Greens products on the other hand have very noticeable effect on me.[/quote]

Ah, well, they do well for me. Not necessarily in muscular gains or anything, but just general health support. Different responses I guess.

I will agree that green products are awesome as well. I take them in addition to vitamins since its fairly affordable.

I dont know if multivitamins have anys visual effect on me, but Im sure they help with my immunity; I had just one cold in few years and Im always adding multivitamins and extra vitamin c

Agree with ChrisKing…never noticed a damn thing whether on a multi or not.

But Superfood + Flameout kicks ass.