Supplements With BCAA's?

whats up guys, got a question for yas. I recently bought bcaa’s and i was wondering if they would be good to take with creatine, whey and possibly NO, and also how many servings should i be taking and how much would u recommend for a serving for a 175 lbs 16 year old.sorry if someone already covered this one guys…

It would be best if you were able to get the majority of your daily protein from food sources. However I also use BCAAs mainly as a conveinence item. It is easier for me to pop some pills during my snacks then cook up a peice of meat. What I’m saying is to not rely too heavily on BCAAs for total protein.

The optimal times that you need good quality protein would be post workout, and pre or during long workouts. Really anytime that you haven’t taken in protein for a couple hours during the day would be ideal for some BCAAs.

I always BCAA’s before training. Taking BCAA’s during HIIT and during my cutting phase for my bodybuilding show was crucial to my success. They helped me retain my muscle mass as I was losing fat with decreasing calories.

I highly recommend BCAA’s for training. And yes, BCAA’s taken with creatine is perfectly fine.

Ive even supplemented with extra leucine since this is the king of the BCAA’s when it comes to protein synthesis.

I too use BCAAs when I cut. Even now, when I’m eating everything in sight, I take a handful mid workout. I think they aid in recovery, and allow a little exta time in the gym without crossing the line of overdoing it.

I’ve read a lot about leucine too, although when I emailed Layne Norton about it last year (I believe he was the one who actually authored, or coauthored the study write up) he told me that you cant just take supplemental leucine as an oral and expect any real effect from it. It’s probably a lot more complicated than that, wish I could shed more light.

Stu

I usually mix up 2 water bottles with 15 grams of BCAA’s in a 2:1:1 ratio. I drink one in the morning, when I wake up, before breakfast, and the other during my workout.

It’s subtle, but I definitely notice a decrease in my DOMS. Plus buying them bulk makes them cheap as all get out. It costs me about 40 bucks for a years supply.

[quote]Schmazz wrote:
I usually mix up 2 water bottles with 15 grams of BCAA’s in a 2:1:1 ratio. I drink one in the morning, when I wake up, before breakfast, and the other during my workout.

It’s subtle, but I definitely notice a decrease in my DOMS. Plus buying them bulk makes them cheap as all get out. It costs me about 40 bucks for a years supply.[/quote]

Can I ask where you get a years supply for 40 bucks? I’m real interested.